Prime inc aka crime inc

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Darkstar45, Feb 6, 2020.

1. hammer830

hammer830 Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2019
    Colorado
    Hey, Thanks you guys for all the great imfo, It's been a while since I've been on the road and I'm looking to get back out there. I don't know about anyone else but they sure do make those YouTube videos nice and inviting. I'm hoping I can land a job here in a few months!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    If you're in a "right to work" state "non-compete" has no teeth. That wont stop a company from going after you on civil court but, here in Tx they usually won't bother.

4. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    I may not be understanding this correctly, but I thought the non-compete clause was un-enforceable between the company and employee not 2 companies.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  5. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Trucker Brown on YouTube acts like he does very well with Prime, but then you remember that he's homeless (lives in the truck) and stays out 6-8 weeks. So... probably not doing very well in the eyes of someone who wants to have anything resembling a life.

Voodoo Pyg, Lonesome, baha and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    It is confusing because of different rulings that have went both directions.

The law on the books may explicitly state a non compete contract as being illegal, but all it takes is a judge who "interprets the law" his or her way, and everything goes sideways.

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Okay, well it's probably not enforceable. But some companies will send letters to your new company threatening legal action if they keep employing you. And many companies with no balls will knuckle under and let you go. We have had several posters on here that had this happen to them so these companies are out there.
    First I heard was CRST but others have been following their lead. CRST actually won a million +$ verdict against Swift for "poaching" drivers but Swift is appealing so that will be in the system for awhile yet.

8. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I wouldn't believe anything that guy says...

Voodoo Pyg and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Well, If your not married. no kids. could be a very quick way to stock away money. Also last time I checked hes free to live in what ever way he wishes.
    What makes what you want more valued to society than what he wants, nothing. My opinion of success maybe very different than yours. That's like me saying if you cant match my bikes. trucks boats and house then it does not count, His life style may not appeal to me, but then my probably would to him either.
    The only pot at the end of any rainbow is what you make of it, does not matter to anyone else.

10. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I qualified it with anyone who wants to have any kind of life. He doesn't want to have a life, he wants to make whatever money he makes, so that's what he does. Lol

11. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Back to just your opinion of having a life, only matters to you. It the point. One could certainly question if any long haul drivers has a home life. But there again just opinion, only matters to the individual, no one else cares, only matters if your happy with your decisions.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.