Prime Inc. Opinons for a newbie.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jgtrucking, Dec 25, 2021.

1. jgtrucking

jgtrucking Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2021
    I get it. Thank you very much. I wasn't too keen on a year contract either. I was just worried about being able to get a job without road time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    jgtrucking Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You mentioned maybe buying a truck someday. Here's a website for the owner-operator.
    I was a member for 20 yrs. but didn't buy a truck because I didn't want the headache.
    Did enjoy the information from the website though.
    Anyway, there's good information on here for all truck drivers, not just owner-operators.
    One Voice For Truckers Everywhere | Join the OOIDA Family

jgtrucking Thanks this.
  6. jgtrucking

Dec 25, 2021
    Thank you for all the info. Much appreciated. If you have more, Keep it coming. I will be checking it all out.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    I cut my teeth at Prime. DONT GO THERE. They seem like an ok place to go on the surface but they run one of the biggest scams out there with their training program. After you go through the initial training to get your CDL you go into what's called TNT training. All it is for the vast majority is holding the steering wheel all night for your "trainer" who uses you to run teams for them. They do pay you, $700 when I was there during that time but it is far less than you should make running teams and it's definitely not proper training. It was supposed to last 30000 miles but that could have changed since I was there. If you do anything wrong they will use that as a reason to extend that 30000 to whatever they want.

There are far better companies that will hire new guys right now. Don't let Prime feed you the Kool Aid because if you do sign up there you'll drink it and won't realize the screwing you're getting until you leave and learn more about the industry.

8. jgtrucking

Dec 25, 2021
    Thank you for your advice.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.