Prime lease trainers forced to pay their trainees & are given $1.50 a mile loads

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Kenworth6969, May 22, 2024.

1. wifi_guru

wifi_guru Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2024
    :Do_O. hmmm buy your own beater with a heater after you get your exp in. while your getting your year in find something niche and build up relationships with shippers and see you if you can haul there freight directly.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I’m sure there’s a non compete clause in there…….

mjd4277 and wifi_guru Thank this.
  4. wifi_guru

Feb 22, 2024
    i like rollin coals idea pay cash!!!

5. wifi_guru

Feb 22, 2024
    being forced to train is BS though if you own the truck as they say yo do then you should not be forced to train if you don't want to!!! my thoughts on that.

6. wifi_guru

Feb 22, 2024
    another thing with leasing vs company driver who's gonna get the loads first??? the company drivers will since there not paying for the truck payments fuel and so on the company could give two ####s about a lease op.

NorthEastTrucker Thanks this.
  7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    How as he forced? Any proof he said he didn’t want to? Any proof they said that “X” would happen if he didn’t? When you’re not an employee it’s pretty hard to be forced to do anything unless you don’t have the backbone to say no.

drvrtech77 and Knucklehead Thank this.
  8. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    Thats not always the best way to go. When I bought my first truck, I got it at 3 something percent. The dividends from my stocks came back at 8-10%. So the money I DIDNT spend on buying the truck out-right went to making more for me than the interest cost (Roth IRA, so no taxes). My 2nd truck was at 4.125%, so same deal.

My house I just bought is at 6 some percent. I cant dump 350k into my Roth all at once. so in that instance I am better off paying it off (my house in Minnesota closes next friday, so thats what I will do is pay off this one) because if I put 350k into stocks at even a 10% return the capital gains would be more than I would save in interest. Or at least close enough that it is worth just writing the check.

So 2 examples of when it makes sense to pay for something and when you are better off waiting.

9. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    They kinda sounded like violins. I thought tears were gonna flow.

10. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    Exactly why I could never understand why ANYONE would lease to a company that has their own drivers. The runs that make the COMPANY the most money are going to go to them, unless there are none near the load.

The lease guys are going to get the shaft.

I was reading a thread a while back here on TTR about a guy that went to Schneider Choice. He said when it first started is was great because ALL the loads were on the board and they could pick and choose. But somewhere along the line, the company started holding back the better loads for company drivers and it wasnt worth it any more.

Bro_Dave Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.