Prime, never been insulted by employer before.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by RECON08, May 24, 2010.

1. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Wellll, if you're running legal, most people dont sleep 10 hours every day......so I dunno if that's why they're in the truckstops. I usually only sleep 6 hours so i have a good bit of time to ##### and whine and moan, or....well, generally i do a lot more productive things...

They don't exactly lock you up in a terminal. But sometimes they'll redtag the truck or put a safety hold on you, and you aint taking the truck out of the yard at that point. Safety holds can be taken care of fairly quickly (usually a piss test, could be anything up to gettin fired for something you did though!).

Then again, the only terminals i've been to that are within walking distance of anything are the dallas terminal and omaha terminal. Walking to pilot is noit the most worthwhile thing to do.

But like i said, you can find perfectly happy werner drivers at the terminals. I met a guy a while back in allentown, had been there for a week waiting on a repair....didnt give a ####. Perfectly happy with that. Some people are sheep i suppose.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    man that reminds me of a couple of prime drivers i met a while back at a pilot up there. They didn't say anything about if they liked working there. But they said that they do "this run" all the time, and the company always ###### up the customs paperwork, a different way every time. heheheheh...of course, customs is a cluster #### no matter who you work for...

4. sazook

sazook Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    Probably the shipper or customs broker that's messing it up. All Prime does is get the paperwork from the shipper faxed to them, and then they fax it to the broker and wait for the clearance to cross.

5. Babydoll

Babydoll Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Georgia
    Wow, even after 12 years from being away from Prime, I see they are still doing the same bait and switch game. They have screwed over God knows how many drivers. I know many people including myself that left oweing them money because they like to make you sit and only get away with the least amount of miles possible. Lease-purchase with them is a joke.:biggrin_25516:

6. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Man, I used to run canada, and if you read closely, I talked to that guy IN canada... I wasn't going to even waste my time thinking about their issues. I just thought it was funny. Just a couple of drivers i ran into while I was sitting on hold at the pilot at exit 56 on ontario highway 401 to call my company to check on my PAPS status.....I spent several cumulative hours at that payphone for that reason...lol.

I faxed my crap directly to my broker and for the most part dealt with them directly. :)

7. CntrySngr

CntrySngr Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Carson City NV

HUMMMMM Seems like you called that one:biggrin_2555::biggrin_25514:

8. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Ain't no point in responding to any of this in an intellegent manner...

- Recon08 doesn't have a clue about how to run a truck...
    - Notarps will lead the charge about how Prime is responsible for all of the evil in the world...
    - And all the rest of you folks will sing hosanna's in praise of uncovering the "evil company responsible for all of the bad things in life."

They kept me running and making money during the worst of the downturn when y'all were sitting in the truckstop whining about no loads, too much time on a load when you had one...

sazook Thanks this.
  9. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    And IP will bust out the pom poms....:biggrin_2559:

10. jay100873

jay100873 Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    I didn't have good luch with loads with them either for my second year, i was coming into my last year of my lease took my truck back and signed the release waver. 2 months later i tried to get a car. Well, come to find out i had an 8000 bill on my credit from turning back in my truck. My services were good on my truck and the engine had been rebuild 2 times the 2nd year as for engine problems. For those of you who do work for Prime Inc. the best of luck to you... jason...

11. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    So what's the deal then? I'm making lots of money, don't feel insulted when somebody pays me lots of money to run that freight, and some posters here think that's a problem. The problem isn't with me or Prime, its with idiots who think that benefitting from a good deal is some how "cheerleading."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.