Prime- only newbies sing the praises 2

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by cactusjack, Sep 21, 2009.

DO YOU THINK PRIME TREATS DRIVERS EQUAL AND FAIRLY?

1. *

NOPE THEY TEND TO CATER MORE TO THE COMPANY DRIVER!

12.4%
  2. *

NO THEY CATER MORE TO THE LEASE OPERATOR!

8.5%
  3. *

EVERYONE IS TREATED FAIRLY!

24.8%
  4. *

EVERYONE IS ON THEIR OWN!

56.6%
  1. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    I'll save you the trouble...

Posting about "good money" on this thread started with another respondent on 12/07/09...

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...-newbies-sing-praises-2-a-24.html#post1132473

and...

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...-newbies-sing-praises-2-a-25.html#post1132969

Later followed by this in a different thread referring to (I believe) some company posting on the primeinc website...

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...me/107371-highest-paid-prime-driver-ever.html

Three days ago, notarps posted this - implying I had said something about "big bucks..."

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...-newbies-sing-praises-2-a-50.html#post1578438

That's about the time you started this infantile BS nonsense.

On a different thread, I'd written that my average settlement has been running about $1200 per week. I've never written anything in reference to myself making "big bucks" on this thread or any other in this forum. I haven't bragged about anything - just stating a fact in response to someone else's post. If you want to post W2's on this site - which is bragging - and you're doing it, go for it. My personal opinion on the subject of posting personal financial data on a public website is that you are opening yourself up to identity theft, and engaging in a juvenile game of "mine is bigger than yours." That's fine - enjoy yourself.

Grow up Rollover. I have nothing to prove to anyone here - especially to you. You may be the most important person on the planet to yourself, but that just reinforces the narcisstic projection of your ego you are presenting to everyone here. It's time you stopped this pathetic display.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    What I do not understand is why certain people will go out or their way to continue to bash certain companies and more importantly, to bash the people that work for them.
    This is a free country and if someone wants to work for xyz company and they are happy doing it....what concern is it of anyone else.
    I see the little people in this as the ones that continue to do the bashing.
    Are your lives so shallow that you only feel good when you are trying to make others feel bad about what they are doing? I just do not get it at all.
    Try taking the time to make someone else feel good about themselves.
    Say something inspiring. Try to help people in a positive way instead of all the negative. There is enough of that in the world to go around!

Wanna drive Thanks this.
  4. Buckeye 'bedder

Buckeye 'bedder Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Nowhere
    Here! Here! Bravo!

5. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Colorado
    It's not bragging! Others, like JR OTR have ENTIRE BLOGS with their financials of their lease purchases. There's another guy here who's documented his lease with Stevens. I've read a blog of a Schneider driver who documented his income.

Calling it bragging is a very easy out.

Rollover is not bragging! He's trying to inform newbies that there's a high likelihood they'll get raped without lube from most LPs.

6. halfburn

halfburn Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Jasper AL
    It just looks that way in the middle of the thread Jim. I would bet that 99% of the time people who try to warn drivers about certain companies (not bashing, WARNING) don't make it personal about the driver. Think the objective is to save the driver.

Does little people mean drivers who have been there done that and have the stack of T-shirts?

I need to go back. I don't think this applies to this thread.

I am guessing that you might have been looking at Prime and have been very dissapointed by what you have read.
    I see you are working for an ok company but might be thinking that the grass is greener. A dilema. I wrote a blog post to explain my motivations. Just trying to help people.

7. rl1

rl1 Light Load Member

May 21, 2008
    overland park, kansas
    Darn, I thought you were really a Captain "U2"...

Have a great day and be safe.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  8. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Warning ANYBODY about ANYTHING is the hardest thing to , let it be about Bad Food at a certain Truckstop or Bad Service at a certain dealership and yes about Lease or LP deals with any carrier.

People will not heed the info , they will learn the hardway.

Same as people who HARP about WALMART and the people working there , 1) at least they are working 2) they made the decision to work there , same with PRIME , works for some , not for others and there is always someone WHINING about the EVILS of it even though they can do nothing about it.

9. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Lets be real - for once.

Any form of contract you sign to haul freight puts you in the position of running a business - you are no longer a company employee running as many miles as you can for a paycheck.

Now it doesn't really matter whether the gross income you generate comes from a percentage of the load or a rate on miles... what does matter is the amount you're making per week. All of your costs are based on a weekly settlement - and what's left over is the cash flow into your business. Out of that cash flow, you have to create some operational reserve to cover unexpected stuff, shortfalls, etc AND pay your employee - that'd be you.

We can post all the 1099s and W2s you like, but it really doesn't mean squat to folks looking in - unless you can run your business just as efficiently (or not as the case may be) as they are. So you take the guy on the Crete thread that posts every legal document he can find - that's nice he does that. Some company driver with a lead foot can think he's going to do the same thing, but in reality can fall flat on his face not understanding that he's not going to get the same results unless he can operate a truck just as efficiently as the fella posting the results.

And its really the same anywhere you go - mostly the contract just regulates what you're going to be able to do in terms of gross income and fixed costs. Its really up to the individual to decide if there is enough wiggle room on the bottom line to provide an acceptable net to that individual - and you really, really have to look at these contracts carefully before you sign on. As to whether the net income generated by any contract equates to this nonsense about "big money" - that's a subjective thing based on an individuals life experience. Heck... there's folks who think that 26-cpm split between two drivers on a Werner team is "big money." I figure that dead presidents all come in just one size myself - and the #### things shrink every time inflation goes up.

So whether you've bought your own truck, figure that after whatever payment is at the end of a lease-purchase you'll have your own truck, or are leasing a truck as a business expense - the idea is to use that asset to generate revenue. The rest of it is how efficiently you can use that asset to minimize your costs.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  10. IronFreakinMaiden

IronFreakinMaiden Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Who the hell still quotes Andrew Dice Clay? What is this, 1990?

sazook Thanks this.
  11. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    He's a renaissance man! :biggrin_2559: :biggrin_25521:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.