Prime Tanker Yankers

Discussion in 'Prime' started by otr48, Jun 25, 2012.

1. jet70

jet70 Bobtail Member

May 22, 2012
    Apollo Beach , Florida
    I've thought tanker myself. One of the trainers at orientation said they were looking for tanker drivers who live in the Florida area. Not sure how true that is. I'd like to find out more. Where can I get more info?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Prime won't get good rates with tanker . They get contracts by bidding cheap . A QC terminal lost a food grade contract to Prime in Chattanooga . Drivers there said the terminal was glad to be rid of the contract . The terminal was affiliate owned . The affiliate owner was pressure by corporate to bid low for the contract and really didn't want it . $.37 a mile says it all . That's lower than our guaranteed minimum for bobtail and deadhead. We're paid percentage and many loads are over $.50 a mile . We get a lot of miles also .

4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    The company guys (inexperienced) are paid that to start for all miles loaded and mty - somebody with some miles behind them would come in at a higher rate. I could only speculate as to a number, but the lease side is quite different. So Rick... this is called competition... ya know, a capitalistic, free-market sort of thing? Whatsa matter, can't stand the heat in the kitchen?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  5. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    If ya want info get a hold of the head of tanker division

jet70 Thanks this.
  6. BigCheese

BigCheese Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    CT
    EasyE on here just started with the Tanker division he finishes his Training this week and hopefully will be yanking Tanks next week. He was getting his rental car today and heading back to Springfield from the Indiana training facility. They are starting him out at .41 a mile but he was on the refer div for almost a year so I don't know if the .41 is because of time and grade. Hopefully he will start a thread so we can all watch his growth and see how he does with it.

IP, you sure do get a little testie when anyone says anything negative about Prime. Whether the negativity is true or untrue you feel the need to defend them. I'm still tryin to figure out why you feel the need or desire to do this.
    One can only speculate that this is because you feel the need to over compensate for their or your shortcomings. I say this because the way you do this by so viciously ripping others apart for their negative opinions about Prime.
    Do you really feel that Prime is the Messiah of Trucking?
    And if you do, #### I'm glad I didn't get to drink any of that Kool-Aid!!!!!
    All the companies out here have room for improvement.

Just sayin........

7. Vwal528

Vwal528 Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Albany, NY
    I talked to a Prime tanker driver at a truck stop in Illinois about a month ago. He seemed pretty happy. He said its all food grade no hazmat needed. He said lease/operators get 70% percent. And they start company drivers off at forty-something cpm (sorry can't remember) but I remember thinking it sounded pretty good.
    I came to this forum trying to find out more about Prime as a company. I'm tinkering with the idea of leasing a truck, and some tanker experience wouldn't be such a bad thing either.

jet70 Thanks this.
  8. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Great!!! Now we can get an insiders view of Primes mystery division

9. jet70

jet70 Bobtail Member

May 22, 2012
    Apollo Beach , Florida
    Tanker does sound good. But, I'll probably keep going in the refer div until I get some miles under my belt and make a good name for myself and then way my options after.

10. BigCheese

BigCheese Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    CT
    EasyE said that so far he thinks it's great not as many trucks to compete with for loads and only 5 dispatchers for the fleet. He was hopeing for a bigger truck also but apparently they are outfitting the lightweights with the pumps needed for the tanks now. So he's not sure what he will get come next week. Also he liked not having to load or unload in the middle of the night.

jet70 Thanks this.
  11. jet70

jet70 Bobtail Member

May 22, 2012
    Apollo Beach , Florida
    The loading and unloading part got my attention. I was unloading at 4:30 this morning.. Yuck!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.