Prime's lease deal. The math gets done.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BigKid2, Jan 16, 2009.

1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    If you want him to be quite just ask him to prove his posts...:biggrin_25523: He is always quick to say how much he takes home until someone asks him to prove it. Then all of a sudden it's personal...:biggrin_25523: Or the infamous your not the IRS speech...:biggrin_25522: Was just reading another post about his lease take home pay of over a grand... I did that as a company driver and was home on weekends. Not out a month or better at a time. Not that I care what he takes home. I think it is funny... how it becomes personal when it comes to proof. I proved mine and showed mine. I didn't have to, but I called the bluff. I need a good laugh right now. Fire away with one of your that's personal speeches....:biggrin_2559: If it is so personal, why do you keep telling us about it?:biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I figured he would end up being one of those guys ..... They are cheerleaders for themselves

I agree its to dang funny :biggrin_2559:

I think he is trying to make himself feel good :biggrin_25526:

4. Bookworm

Bookworm Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I will say that $.80-$.90 for all miles are to the low side. I know when I WAS there I averaged $1.24 And that was for all miles. But, the averages can be deceiving. I spend 3 weeks doing short hops (200-500 miles) # 1.40-1.90/mile, that average will climb. Its not just the per mile rate, its the number of miles attached to that rate. I have pulled freight # $5.00/mile. Which is AWESOME when you look at the per mile rate. But, when the load only goes 116 miles total, it really doesn't mean to much. Some of my better weeks ($1000+) which were few and far between were at $1.10-1.20/mile for 1200-1800 miles or more. The more miles I ran the lower my fixed cost per mile went. And thats the way I think you need to look at it. Thats whats wrong with some companies that advertise $.50cpm on the back of their trailers. For a company driver $.50/mile is pretty darn good. But it doesn't amount to a hill of ##$% if your only getting 250 miles a week. The same holds true for L/O. The per mile rate might be good, but the odds are there isn't jack for miles.

5. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    the 80-90 I was reffering to was without the FSG which he had already accounted for with his 0.19 cost of operation .... but I agree i could be way off on that figure since I never worked for them for sure ...

no qual here :biggrin_255:

6. Bookworm

Feb 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    You have 3 choices. Turn in the truck and take your bonus and put it down on a truck from Selectrucks or other reputable dealer. Turn in the truck and release a new truck or different truck(usually at a higher payment) or buy the truck you are in. :biggrin_25513:(please see the above post for my opinion on that) Or just take your bonus and walk away.

7. thelastamericanhippy

thelastamericanhippy Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    jacksonville, fl
    Bottom Line................................

If it was worth while.........

drivers would be lined up outside the gate, to get in !!!

8. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    I agree ...

9. Bookworm

Feb 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    They would run out of trucks for new drivers, their turnover rate would be 0.

10. 2fuzy

2fuzy Road Train Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Granite Canon,WY
    I already know but was wondering where he thought he would be at the end as one of the problems with a lease is it inhibits growth and at the end you are the same place one starts out most of the time and that is the best case scenario

11. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    That's what I was trying to get through to him ... But he was too busy having his self pep rally

notarps4me Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.