Prime's lease deal. The math gets done.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BigKid2, Jan 16, 2009.

1. IronFreakinMaiden

IronFreakinMaiden Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2010
    You knew what I meant. I never said trucking wasn't difficult.

It's not as if I didn't adhere to Prime's constant speeches about how they listen to student problems and are able to fix them accordingly. I explained what occurred in another thread, but like your other Prime friend, you also must have not have read it.

When I say "nice to know what I can before hand," I was still debating whether or not I would lease with Prime and that's if I bother waiting for a new instructor. Why would you assume a person can't hit reset and find out more?

Good to see you're updating the barometer of my attitude, though. I'm sure if it was another company we were talking about, you wouldn't have bothered to take it out of your pocket. Just like the FM who wouldn't take my instructor out of his when I called him.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IronFreakinMaiden

Aug 26, 2010
    Yes. I'm very scared.

Is it just a coincidence that as long as an attitude comes from Prime, U2 doesn't worry?

4. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    And the CRIME pep rally

Turns another corner !!!!

5. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    You guys should call up CRIME and see if they can give you a paid endorsement

Against us cyber bullies

How funny

6. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    I wasn't bullying anyone. I know what my numbers looked like when I was there. If I had IP's FM, I'd probably still be there. I had an occasional week that looked like the numbers he posted, but it was very inconsistent. I could never count on getting weeks like that when I needed them.

Part of the problem was I had a truck that I ran on a cracked head for well over a year because nobody ever dug deeper than looking for water leaks until I was losing a gallon every 500 miles and Prime wouldn't let me take it to a shop I knew could figure out why I was getting crappy fuel economy, a rough idle and water loss. After I was down for three weeks and dug myself out of that hole, the good revenue freight dried up for me. No matter how much I fussed, begged and pestered, I couldn't get anything that paid and I wouldn't lose two running days waiting for, then, because the shipper took so long loading it, couldn't make the load work, so it was repowered off me...followed by a sub-buck/mile load. There was no way I could stay.

Whoever got my truck is a very happy camper. I had the tanks and wheels cut and polished, added a bit of chrome, took very good care of it and finally got the mechanics straightened out. But it was too late. I had already made another commitment. As I was turning in my keys, the Ops boss (Steve) offered me a different FM. A day late and a dollar short.

7. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    My reputation is stellar, so drink up that cat urine. Around here I am constantly being asked if I can be someone's trainer when they come to Prime.

I gave you the benifit of the doubt... at first... Now, not so much... I gave you a suggestion on how to handle it. You ignored me... Two sides to every story, management will err on the side of the instructor without physical proof or a pile of previous student complaints.

Physical Proof? Ask BigKid how he got canned from Prime. Cell phone pics taken by the student dont lie.

8. IronFreakinMaiden

Aug 26, 2010
    You know, I got rid of the cat urine part so nothing would be deleted. But after reading your quote, I should have kept it.

And your suggestion came after I was off his truck, which still means you didn't read anything.

9. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    Injun, You've always come across as sincere and truthful. There is a difference between being critical and outright bashing. Your posts are pretty insightfull and mirror other problems I have heard from individuals I personally know... so Ive read alot of your posts and dont doubt your experiance at all.

I know quite a few people who had problems at Prime. Good people too. I know quite a few people who are doing well, too.

Id post my settlements, but Im just a Company Driver... everyone is so interested in ripping apart the whole lease deal... I dont know much about, dont care to.

Im happy with what I am doing and making... I take on a trainee once or twice a year... and YES, mainly for the extra money, its more faster paced and kinda fun to have someone else along for the ride. Its not slave labor as some would liken it to. Ive shelled out quite a bit of money here and there because I appreciate the work my trainees do. 38oz steaks arent cheap at The Big Texan, and Ive taken my current trainee there 3 times just to give an example.

The last whiner of a trainee around this board suggested that the Trainer should be doing the training for a more noble cause than extra money. Get real.

Wanna hear a complaint? I wish I could take more than 4 days at a time for hometime. I wish I could sell back my extra hometime days that I dont use. Because I like to stay out 6 to 8 weeks, its easy to do the math that I have quite few extra days. If I want to take more I have to slip seat my truck and clean it out... Im not giving up this 8+MPG beast... to valuable in the fuel bonus dept. But this truck will be turned in within the year... Dont think I wont call their bluff next year and clean out my truck so I can take a month off and go to Europe and visit my brother.

Im sick of other drivers doing bonehead mistakes and making everyone elses job rough. Guys cant read their bills and freeze whole loads of hot dogs. Or attempt to deliver a load in Grand Rapids, SD when the dispatch clearly states Michigan or vice versa. Drop dirty trailers with little or no fuel.

Park their bobtail in front of a strip club, get drunk, and proceed to attempt to drive back to the terminal.

Or show up to swap loads with me in TN and present me with a trailer that is carrying just a hair under 34k on the tandems but in the 10th hole. (9 is legal)

or the time everyone told me I did the right thing on securing a load, except the claims associate who told me next time I should just suck it up and I wouldnt have caused all the problems that I did for her... and that I had suffered too because I lost a day waiting for it to get straightend out.

Or when given the opportunity twice now to get a fifth day at home, the other guys on my board somehow manage to still get bad MPG, service failures, tickets, and preventable accidents when challenged not to. Hell, I do that everyday, and for almost 3 years now.

Ive got a few more.

10. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    I read it. Your slow, I get it.

11. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    I read it. Your slow, I get it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.