Problem with lights at rear of truck

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by 8080, Sep 18, 2011.

1. 8080

8080 Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Installing new light assembly for Volvo 780. I purchased it at a chrome shop. Cut and grinded it last night to fit my Volvo. The assembly has 4 lights and 2 flood lights that I intend on using for reverse lights. The assembly worked properly until I was driving my truck from the garage. The 4 ways work and brake lights, however, the parking lights on it stopped working all of a sudden. Like when Im driving with head laps on, the assembly has stopped illuminating leaving the truck without lights in the rear. The 4 ways and brake lights only work. What is the problem? Any help will be good. Is there another fuse panel I should be looking at besides the dash fuze panel? I really need to get this fixed today.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    Best advice I can give is to recheck your connections and ground.

8080 Thanks this.
  4. 8080

8080 Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    I sent you a thanks and also a thanks to Pablo from reading one of his earlier posts. The positive battery connection had a little corrosion on it... I cleaned then reconnected and when to back of truck and lights were working. Ill now start working on the reverse light issue on another post.

Gears Thanks this.
  5. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    If you still can get to it, try to soldier the connections and get some shrink tubing to cover up the connections. Believe it or not Lowe's or Home Depot sells Latex roof paint in quart or gallon cans, think of it as liquid wiring protection.

I think you can also find the roof paint at most hardware stores.

8080 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.