Progressive sucks...

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Beaver9, Apr 12, 2024.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    The problem is everyone wants cheap.

Pretty much any loss is going to be just that. A loss.

Not many can afford $100k coverage and a $250 deductible. For cars.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OlegMel

OlegMel Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2023
    it sounds like you are dealing with a ridiculous adjuster. Drop off a car at the shop and leave it there. Del progressive to send their adjuster as soon as possible, tell progressive that the shop charges Storage of $150 a day unless work is being done. Once they hear about Storage, they will send an adjuster. if they give a ridiculous repair quotes that is not enough then shop should be able to send a supplement. Then they decided they will accept the supplement or total out of the car because the repair exceeds 50% of the value of the car. Keep reminding them about Storage at the shop, that will speed things up

Beaver9 and Opendeckin Thank this.
  4. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    If you see their name on TV they suck. Hate them all…… Allstate, State Farm, AAA, Farmers, Progressive. Never again with any of them.

Find a referral from a group rate purchasing agent thru your local credit union for the best situation for you.

5. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Well folks I must be the exception to the rule pertaining to Progressive Commercial. I have had them for over 15 yrs now 2 claims. One was a fatality(suicide by truck) the other was someone scamming everyone. One increase in my premium due to the scammer, which is a long story. I have had excellent service by them BUT I do NOT have an agent as a middleman that (a) gets paid from what you pay amd (b) we all know no two people relay the same information in exactly the same way. So perhaps my dealings with them directly have benefited me. I have heard good and bad. I stay with them because I can get them24/7 and they do what they say

Opus, Beaver9 and 86scotty Thank this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I don't have a broker either.
    I did mine online.

The only bad thing I've seen was they want everyone in my address insured. Even though they have their own insurance and cars.

Not an issue now but was when my son and his wife lived with me.

Beaver9 Thanks this.
  7. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    In the segment of the industry I’am in there is hardly a broker or buyer that will allow anyone to load their loads if they have Progressive cargo insurance ..but cause it’s hard as hell to get paid on a claim

8. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I've had Progressive all but one year I was with Northland. Went back to Progressive because it was alot cheaper.

I had a multi thousand dollar claim this past year when 13 of my 18 tires were slashed by the I-75 bandit and Progressive paid quickly, no questions asked.

It was the first claim I've ever had commercially and maybe the second or third ever.

Never had Progressive auto policies but my kids have and they've been treated fairly.

I'm about to renew in June and I always pay annual in full. I'll be talking to my agent, who is awesome, since I have heard Progressive has been denying some freight claims.

commercialinsurancesolutions.com

Opus, Beaver9 and Opendeckin Thank this.
  9. Opendeckin

Opendeckin Medium Load Member

May 20, 2018
    Last year when I renewed my policy progressive put a limit on non-owned trailer insurance of 80k IIRC which is a bit problematic since new reefers and cattle pots are running over 100k nowadays. No issues besides that though and their price has always been hugely better than the competition. like 40% cheaper or more.

Beaver9 Thanks this.
  10. Beaver9

Beaver9 Heavy Load Member

Jun 15, 2020

I only went the cheaper way with commercial. I am saving 40% with Progressive on their coverage.

For my regular auto coverage, I was paying close to $500 per month. No way it was a cheap rate. I believed I was switching to something EVEN better than AllState.

11. Beaver9

Beaver9 Heavy Load Member

Jun 15, 2020
    What state are you in? They operate differently in different states. I heard they are best in Wisconsin. I can't confirm it though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.