Promises not kept with JB Gold and Black

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Supportwife, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Cody1984

Cody1984 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2014
    PA
    Sorry I'm calling bs on this. Only 700 miles a week....really? I do between 4 and 6 loads a day and I drive around 1700 miles a week. I don't expect someone who is new to this job to be able to do that but what your stating is pretty unbelievably bad. Also if he was ltl why did he leave there? They pay better then intermodal and if he was there for a few years he could've gotten a linehaul bid where he wouldn't have to work the dock. A lot of this isn't making sense. But for the sake of argument I'll play along. Is your husband contacting dispatch on the phone if he is waiting more then 15 minutes for them to respond to message from his obc? I give them a max of 15 minutes then I call them and find out what's going on. Does your husband have the norfolk southern railyard number to find his container. 1-800-497-2919 if he has problems talking into the phone to find his container he can type 2, then type 2 again, then type 5, then type in the container number so if it's JBHU222222 it would be "5222222". Does your husband understand his drop and hook pay? Does your husband ask when he starts his day and sees that he has say two deliveries on him out of the rail yard does he ask for a pickup in between and for a pickup after his 2nd delivery? Is your husband asking for advice there from senior drivers that have been doing this for a while? Have either of you checked out the JB Hunt Intermodal thread on here?

skyviper73 and Supportwife Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Supportwife

Supportwife Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Yes, and yes to many of your last questions on your answer. Sometimes and many times no one answers. It is not Norfolk southern it is csx yard. Also you are in PA and he is in Florida. Totally different region. There are what you would say Senior drivers here that have transferred form up your way and they say it is totally different here and they are also not happy. As stated it is many times the places where they deliver that is slow to upload also. He knows all of this. Miles have gotten better the last week, but it still is not what they told him he would make in a years time. Also it isn't up to you if it makes sense of not because different regions of the country don't work the same and I know that even though I am not a driver. I did have a brother that was a dispatcher for Old Dominion so I do know something about that. He just retired. My husband is doing the best he can do but my main beef is that even with all that, his yearly salary will not be what they promised and that is why he left his previous job. He left his previous job because of their word and so he would have to drive an hour every day to his truck and an hour from his truck. He was trying to improve his job, but no go! Last paycheck after miles and drops he made after taxes around $500. A little better, but do the math! You drivers should be making more than 30 cents or 32 cents a mile. Do you know what one load makes them. A heck of a lot by what my brother said and the drivers are the ones out their making that money for them. You are the one staying alert, dodging the cars, keeping your cool, getting overweight, and etc because you are dedicated employees, but they don't want to pay you your fair share. That is all I would like to see you might. My deceased husband was a train engineer and he made twice as much as truck drivers and all he had to do was sit and watch the signals and stay awake. He wasn't stopping and starting and etc. like truck drivers do. All truck drivers should make more money. If owner operators make over 1.25 and up a mile then y'all should be making between 50 and 60 cents a mile. Just saying!

4. Ebola Guy

Ebola Guy Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    Because our job is perfomance based, meaning we are paid for each job we're given, it is up to your guy to make sure he is not sitting idle and if he is sitting idle, especially at a customer or rail, that he gets paid. Like him, JB doesn't get paid if the wheels aren't rolling and JB doesn't like that. If he is in a situation where there there is slow loading, he needs to contact either his dispatcher, the detention department (canned msg #18 via the OBC), or both. I'll give a customer a 1.5 hrs before I make my calls, and immediately if I know right away there is going to be a delay.

Regardless, he should be paid for that time sitting, it's just that he has to let his dispatcher know he needs to get paid for it. If he doesn't tell the dispatcher about it, he doesn't get paid for it.

The same goes delays at the rail, he needs to find out what his terminal's policy on detention pay at the rails is. In Chicago, rail detention pay kicks in after 1.25 hrs.

5. Mean Streak

Mean Streak Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Boyd, TX
    sounds like " SUPPORTWIFE" is the actual driver that has actually inflated their driving time. It also sounds like JBH is there very first company. NICE TRY SWbut Im calling bs to your whole #### story!!

Ebola Guy Thanks this.
  6. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    kinda like the that football star man ti teo huh?

7. Ebola Guy

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    Lol, man, you shut this thread down for outing him.

8. Oil Jockey

Oil Jockey Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Indiana
    Really? Just because he thinks it's a troll? Dang.:biggrin_2558:

I swear to God that some of you just get off on being a forum cop.

9. Ebola Guy

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    Sorry, i wasn't being concise when I said the thread was shut down. By shut down, I meant Mean Streak shut that individual up (made quiet) thus rendering the thread inactive. No policing going on here.

10. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Freight pays more in the Northern states and there's more Freight.
    Does it suck? yes but it is what it is.

As an OTR driver I don't get paid for waiting around at shippers and receivers.
    However I knew that before hand and I signed up for it.

If it sucks where you are then leave.

Supportwife Thanks this.
  11. Mean Streak

Mean Streak Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Boyd, TX
    not being a forum cop either..just calling bs to what i see bs...

Ebola Guy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.