PST Van Lines - Former drivers out there?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by lilillill, Jan 9, 2008.

1. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I'm a big fan of the Snazzy thread and in his last post he mentions PST, the company where I got my start in trucking. Anyone out there ever drive for them? I'm just curious as to what happened to PST as it appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

desperado75 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sassytrucker

sassytrucker <strong>"Don't Sass Me"</strong>

Oct 29, 2007
    Denison, TX
    I saw your other post under Snazzy's thread and you have me curious. You gonna reveal your novel to us?

4. lilillill

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Maybe perhaps.:biggrin_25523: I'm sure it probably ain't near as exciting as bein' a gangster... but it does include stinky feet, hillbillies, oh and... stinky feet.

I used to have ALL of my old log books from my days at PST. Anyhow, things happen, I moved seventeen thousand times in one year... and they got lost. Now the details are locked in my head--I'm thinkin' I better write it all down before the old-timers disease sets in for good.

After I posted that message, I went googling and found that PST had filed for bankruptcy and was aquired by USXpress in 1998. Not much comes up on Google anymore about PST.

HL Drvr Thanks this.
  5. desperado75

desperado75 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    i was pre hired by pst in trucking school.. also 3 other companies that went under with in 5 yrs

6. dghammons

dghammons Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Ontario, Oregon
    PST was bought out by US Express. I was a Trainer for PST. I left them in 1997.

7. Buffalo kid

Buffalo kid Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Hi, this might be a little late but I drove for PST Van line from 1992 - 1997.
    started out with trainer In Volvo hood. Then assigned a Coe freightliner set back front axel
    from that to Volvo Coe and stuck working copper sites out of N.M. Live in NY upstate , so it
    easy to get home , only once did I have to go to NYC most freight went north or to the west
    parts of the state.

desperado75 Thanks this.
  8. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Florence, AL
    Old PST driver here myself. 95 to 97. Used to call us Poor Starving Truck drivers lol

desperado75 Thanks this.
  9. Tenn I See Trucker

Tenn I See Trucker Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2013
    TULLAHOMA,TN
    PST used to deliver to the Big Sur Waterbeds store I worked at before I got my CDL in 1993

desperado75 Thanks this.
  10. mesa8699

mesa8699 Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2017
    [​IMG]
    I was a Poor Starving Trucker too from '96 - late '97 quit when they changed the dispatch as they were switching over to US Xpress. This was my truck in 1997. Ran a lot of miles with them, i still have my logs somewhere.

desperado75, lilillill and bzinger Thank this.
  11. lilillill

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    IMG_0125.JPG My ride in '91 or '92... first brand new truck I ever drove.

I had the bullhorn antenna thing going on too. I know better now though.

desperado75 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.