PTL is getting BETTER

Discussion in 'PTL' started by Hard Worker, Jan 26, 2015.

1. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    I have a pre hire letter form PTL, and I drove for them back in 06. Mandatory training for 2 months and 40k miles with a newb for team.

I can't work for a company who won't take my past experience in account. Yes, it was 8 years ago, but give me a shot. It isn't too much to ask. I'll be going else ware after school. If I had ZERO CDL experience, and I barely scraped by in my school, then I'd see their point. When I started with them in 06, I was with a trainer for 2 weeks, then he sent training dept. a message saying I needed my own truck because I was showing him up.

Believe me or not. It is the truth. And I wanted to go back with PTL, but they won't take me seriously.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    No company will take you after 2 years absence. Insurance wont let them.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  4. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    I have found more than one company that will put me with a trainer with the trainer having the call to end training if the student doesn't need it. If insurance won't let them, then they are a bad company.

5. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    My whole point is, why does PTL feel like they have to do that? I don't get it.

6. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

It's just my opinion, but I would bet it's probably an insurance requirement and the company's evaluation of the level of "events" involving drivers that have been out of the business for a long time.

I would also disagree with your assessment that they "are a bad company" if their insurance requires it. A company will pay the premiums based on the coverage, just like individual policy holders. The less restrictive the policy, the more expensive. It's not a case of being "bad" or "good."

7. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Oops. Wrong thread.

KD5AXG Thanks this.
  8. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    That was what i should have emphasized that no one would hire you without going out with a trainer for a refresher course. This is s.o.p. now. Welcome back to the new trucking industry.

KD5AXG Thanks this.
  9. Crossroads

Crossroads Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Lumberton NC
    Most mega carriers will require will require, either refresher school which can be 3-4 days or ride with a trainer or both, but not all carriers will. I was out 14 years walked into a regional trucking company and got a local job. If you want to avoid the trainer routine try to find a smaller company. Good Luck.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  10. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    I want to find a company that I can retire from. I did far too much job hopping in my youth. I'm ready to set my shoulders for the heavy load and roll on. Lord willing, of course.

11. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    You never,ever wait more than 15 minutes for your next load.
    Yea okay,we believe everything you say.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.