ptl- paschall truck lines murray ky warning!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MarkWild, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Monkey Face

Monkey Face Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Lawrenceburg,Indiana
    Loooks to me like somebody has been hauling coke-but not in a sealed trailer!:biggrin_25512: Well hope you don't get pulled over by the DOT with their dogs in tow!:biggrin_25511:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Penny

Penny Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2009
    baltimore, maryland
    Don't laugh at what PamS. said about the guillotines because this isn't the first I have heard of this. I just recently heard of a guy who seen a Walmart truck overturned in Tx that had a load of guillotines on it. It was cleaned up quickly and I would imagine that was so people didn't become aware of what was being hauled and ask questions. I felt I needed to post to this board so people may give this a second thought. Don't discount it. Something is going on and it isn't pretty at all. I believe these are going to FEMA camps to be used when the time comes for martial law. I am not a conspiracy theorist nor am I nuts. I am a mother, wife and grandmother who is worried that things are going to unravel here in the US very soon.

4. junkyardhound

junkyardhound Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    lost in space
    I saw Elvis having a burger and a beer in Nashville last weekend, Some of this is a little out there!! But I have been noticing a lot af ads on cl for fema trailer moving the past month or so, why was that???

5. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Because FEMA is auctioning the trailers again . Trailer hauling is for losers . A little over $1 a mile (including fsc ) one way . Deadhead back for free .

6. mt1trucker

mt1trucker Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Just an FYI for those interested, Swift just bought out PTL.
    Kind of the lesser of two evils maybe.

7. K1ngjam3z

K1ngjam3z Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2009
    findlay oh
    i worked there for 6 months last year. the truck i was given had 100k miles on it and was clean. i averaged 450 take home a week after child support insurance and what not. the trailers w0w they are CRAP. falling apart. i dont recomend ptl for n e one but they arent the worst out there. if you cant get a job n e where else then try here. they dont check your criminal history. they pay well to recover trucks. you will never get a straight answer from ANYONE you talk to when you call in. you wait a lot every where. they will dispatch 3 trucks to the same load some times and the first one there will get it so your sol. it wasnt my worst experience but by far wasnt the best either.:biggrin_2551:

Baack Thanks this.
  8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    We haul gulliotines all the time. We have to use a reefer set at 25 degrees. It takes them midgets forever to unload a trailer.

9. frdr

frdr Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2007
    houston, tx.
    At times I used to think JB Hunt was Satan, lol!

10. chief

chief Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Flavor Country, NC
    "The recuriters are liars, the company is cheep and dose not care at all about their drivers. ..... Low to no miles, lots of sitting, $35 layover pay for every 48 hours you sit not 24. 62 mph trucks that are falling apart and beat up.....Some of their trucks have 700,000 plus miles on them and they wont buy new ones. No insurance for six months after hire and when you can get it you wont want it. Its a rip off and wont cover much. 35 cents a mile is top pay and down from there so if you have 2 to 30 years driveing you would be started at 35 cents less than that is less pay.The dispatchers are rude and could care less about you. You cant idle the trucks over 40% or they will fire you so this = freezing in winter and burning up in the summer."

are you kidding? are you sure you want to be a truck driver? you've just described 99% of OTR trucking companies! you people that believe the $50,000-70,000 a year ads in the paper have obviously never driven a truck before. and as bad as it is right now, if you haven't been laid off YET, you'll be lucky to make $20,000 a year.

11. Mikenc50

Mikenc50 Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2009
    nc
    Well,

I don't know about pam story.
    I can assure you that what so cal said is mostly the truth. They only place I don't agree is the dispatching and waiting time. But than again maybe we were lucky enough to have a good dispatcher.

P.S. please help me contaminate the world smile to them:biggrin_25520: and they will smile.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.