Pulled over for no rear tag in Arizona

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by gpf87, Feb 26, 2020.

1. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    3 years ago I was driving a brand new truck and trailer across the stateline I-40 from NM to AZ. Pulled me into the POE and asked for my paperwork. The IFTA sticker hadn't arrived in the mail yet, but I had the paperwork showing that it had been paid, and that I was legal to travel in all states. The DOT officer claimed that unless I had the sticker, I wasn't paid in AZ, and I had to pay $80+ to continue on my way. I wasn't left with any choice but to pay it. My boss was furious.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Did you SIGN the warning?

4. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    Intrastate ohio issues 2. Interstate you get a front only. I used to run them.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  5. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    No ..

6. Zonie

Zonie Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Every weekend, I see vehicles on I-10 coming through Phoenix that are on their way to Mexico. These guys buy crap cars and trucks at some auction in CA, then lash them together with whatever, and put an "in tow" sign on the rear vehicle and then head south, at annoyingly slow speeds, in a convoy, holding up traffic.

This week it was two small cars in the back of a box truck with the rear tires of the back car on the lift gate. I'd bet that gate could take the weight, static, but not dynamic thumping of the car bouncing up and down on it's suspension...

A few weeks back I saw a car in a dump-truck bed with another car lashed to the rear of that.

ADOT doesn't even seem to notice these abominations.

I get it, these folks are getting good prices on these and probably double or tripling their money in Mexico, but they are driving unsafe contraptions on our highways, Yet everyone is looking at the truckers, the only professional drivers on the highway to begin with.

7. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I was pulled over in Nogales about a year ago, but I had no problems. The officer was cool.

8. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    There is a non commercial CDL in Texas. Here is how the Texas Dept of Public safety defines it:

Class of Non-commercial Driver License
    Class A, B, C, and M driver licenses are issued to individuals who are exempt from obtaining a commercial driver license (CDL) or who are not required to obtain a CDL.

NOTE: Individuals who are exempt from obtaining a CDL may still be required to obtain a Class A or B driver license if the type of vehicle driven meets the weight requirement for a Class A or B vehicle.

Individuals who are exempt from obtaining a CDL but may need a Class A or B driver license are:

• Operators of recreational vehicles driven for personal use
    • Some farmers who meet certain criteria
    • Operators of cotton-seed modules or cotton burrs
    • A fire-fighting or emergency vehicle operator
    • Military vehicle operators

9. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017

They can't get any money out of those people ,that's why they don't pull them over . It's three hours of useless paperwork that they don't want to do

Think about all the stuff homeless people get away with ; While on the same exact street they're pulling over a tax payer for going five mph over

10. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    They defined it as a non commercial license, not a non commercial CDL.

roshea and kylefitzy Thank this.
  11. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Is that like a model? :D

D.Tibbitt and not4hire Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.