Purchased a used 2020 Cascadia, now I might have to go Bankrupt!

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Wickedchicken, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Wickedchicken

Wickedchicken Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2020
    alright yo here we go again! LMAO. so, driving it February 24th 2021 to Colorado soon after I picked the truck up from the dealer after the glorious 'SOFTWARE UPDATE'.. the yellow picnic basket engine light is on yet again. I'm like, I told them MFers that a software problem isn't going to fix nothing and you all didn't fix sht, but they insisted it would've fixed the problem. okay then, I called the dealer and asked them, "did you perform a force regen and test or did you let the truck do the regen on its own?" the lady puts down the phone and talks to the foreman who worked on my truck, she goes to me, 'we did a force regen'. I told her well thats where your problem is. Why did you guys do a force regen after software update WHEN I TOLD YOU guys that the regen is inoperable by itself? She goes because it passed all the tests. well I go BUT ON A FORCED REGEN, and yet now that very same engine light is on yet again what do you have to say about that? She talks to the foreman again, and goes to me, well bring it in to the nearest dealer in COLORADO THOUSANDS OF MILES AWAY FROM HOME LMAO. I said ok and hung up, (cussing away in my mind). I'm in Fing 1000 miles away from home, aint NO Fing way i'm going to bring it to a dealer out here just so they can tell me to wait about a week before it can be looked at so I can spend my ### in a hotel during that time. man thats not what I signed up to do, F that. anyways..so I drove that truck all the way back (didnt give a flying F) home completed my loads, and then worked some more at home, locally. Then finally the smoke light comes on. The truck prompts me to do a park regen. I park the truck then press the buttons to perform a park regen, and then ofcourse the same light comes on denying me the park regen: MANUAL REGEN IS NOT ALLOWED. the same message that I told those bozo mechanics at the dealer which they responded to me, that it isn't allowed because the truck doesn't need it. Am i the mechanic or are you the mechanic that specializes in Freightliner? How the F did you guys get that job? Did you all go to online university or something?? anyways, its there back at the dealer dropped off last night. LMAO this sht is amazing to me, Frieghtliner builds POS trucks and I aint afraid to say it.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    '88K100 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Cascadia would not let me regen a month or so ago..I’d had enough. Often enough the truck was broke down for DEF, REGEN, nothing ever really mechanical...I came unglued on the phone and now in a Coronado that I know has been without issues,,not to say I have not seen plenty of those on the hook.

Wickedchicken Thanks this.
  4. Hye

Hye Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2021
    Next time buy a volvo or kw. They are goood once, moneymakers

5. ichudov

ichudov Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Berkeley, IL
    What engine is in your Cascadia?

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Probably Freightliner corporate told them to do it. Unfortunately dealers don't let mechanics be mechanics. Don't follow their procedure to the letter on a warranty job and the shop doesn't get paid.

7. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for your 2020 used Cascadia?

8. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Make a video of the issue so you can show it to them. Get a good attorney and lemon that piece of ####.

nredfor88 Thanks this.
  9. Wickedchicken

Nov 6, 2020
    dd15
    i paid 92k for it with 10k down. 2k per month payments for 48 months on a 8.9% apr

10. Wickedchicken

Nov 6, 2020
    attorneys is a good idea but its hard to find one that'll take my case. i tried to call them and everyone of them declined. i called about 6 or 7 different ones. they told me to take it to the attorney general and they dont handle these types of cases. 1 attorney gave me their contact information but never responded to my advances. most of them want money. i just dont have it right now.

11. Wickedchicken

Nov 6, 2020
    dd15

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.