purchasing a new/used truck

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by br2, Jun 4, 2014.

1. br2

br2 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Hi all,

I am thinking to get a used (or new ) truck and would like to get some advises. My current truck gets very bad MPG (under 5, car hauler), so I did some research and it seems like new Cascadias are the most fuel efficient trucks available right now. What configuration (engine, transmission, etc) of Cascadia would give me best MPG? Is there any other trucks on the market that would give me comparable to Cascadia MPG?

Thanks for your help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    What do you intend to haul? Where do you plan to operate? The easiest starting point is look for a mega carrier that hauls the same loads as you plan to and operate in the same geography as you plan to; how are their trucks spec'd?

br2 Thanks this.
  4. JAYRODPA

JAYRODPA Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Dingmans Ferry pa
    Dont buy anything newer then a 03. (pre. emissions) I would get a Detroit with a 13 or super ten. a lot of people dont like super 10's. but when you get the hang of it, it a great trans. it's different because you split each gear. as far as rears, mid 300's. If your looking to trade in or you have 5 or 6 grand to play with, go online and check out "Damiron", i got a classic threw them three years ago. $5000 down, 2 year lease. no credit check and a $1 buy out. they wont sell junk.

br2 Thanks this.
  5. br2

br2 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Thanks for your help. I realized I created this thread in wrong forum so I opened another thread in Trucks (18 wheelers) forum and got a lot of help there too!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.