Putting a family member through freight brokering class?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Super Trucker1, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    As President of the Bernie Madoff School for Brokers, I can assure you we are not a rip off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cyngus

Cyngus Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2012
  4. SnookiSnackhouse

SnookiSnackhouse Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Many "schools" that offer quick training for any profession are a rip off. I should know, having been to a Travel Academy once, and learning later that the tour company I actually worked for would hire anyone off the street that did ok in the interview. I called to check the school out, answered some questions, and got a call later telling me I was awarded a scholarship to go there and would only have to pay for books. My first clue was the strip mall the Academy was located in, my next was the text books - they were a 3 ring binders full of photocopies. I paid about $600 for said materials. While I did learn airline code, I didn't learn much else, and the school got a percentage of every student's earnings for a year. Their accounting was atrocious. They tried to double charge me and sent me to collections before I got them to straighten out their mistake. They failed to charge one class mate at all. I was young and unaware. I did have a good job at a tour company for a few years, so I don't have major regrets, but I know I got ripped by this so called school.

5. Cyngus

Cyngus Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2012
    WOW snooki that sucks :( that proves a point, why should anyone pay money to learn brokering when its EASIER and less stressful to get a job at a established company who deals day in and day out with all the different things that go wrong. working for a company you can see first hand what it is like, the stress involved, how fast paced things our. Also how to handle the real situation, and see how it is handled with an actual customer, there is a difference learning it first hand and paying a school to tell you how to handle it, and make up scenario's, its different when someone on the other line is a person with a real problem with a shipment, insurance claim, accident, rejected loads, and much more. remember you pay to go to broker school but a hiring company will pay you, but money in your pocket, and learn.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.