Qualcomm-how to hide from big brother?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by BearGator56, Jul 27, 2006.

1. nc mack man

nc mack man Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2008
    sandhills of N.C
    :occasion5:
    i agree

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bear53548

bear53548 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Madison,Wi.
    OMNIVISION by Qualcomm
    Gen X Mobile, Inc.; Model 618
    Does anyone know how to get into this system to change perameters or settings. I am unable to gain access into the system and I am looking for information on codes or setting keystrokes.You know secret ways in !

4. arky870

arky870 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2008
    moulton,al
    if you arent making it there and do not like it there find a better place.get to messing with the qualcom you wil end up fired and probably with a record of it on your dac or at least on your resume

5. gearjammer-2000

gearjammer-2000 <strong>Clutch User</strong>

Dec 18, 2007
    columbus Ohio
    fyi, there are TWO power wires so if you are thinking of unpluggin from the fuse panel you have to unplug both of them, with one unplugged the keyboard will appear dead but the system can still record certain things, the company you work for can still query the system directly and get a response with both wires unplugged the system is completely shut down, at least the older systems are.
    one wire is a 5 amp and the other is 25 amp.

on most systems you can also turn the key on and off several times and it will shut the system down, I do this a lot to conserve on battery power.

6. ShadowRider

ShadowRider Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Ohio
    just do as I do and wrap a piece of Aluminum foil around it and secure it with small bungy cords. this will stop the Transmit and receive but, it will not prevent it from recording your speed or how many times you stop. There is a way to disconnect it where it will not show or record anything but, I will not explain it to you for fear that the super brains of trucking will give me a severe tongue lashing. I believe you know how that goes, there is a brain surgeon in each crowd.:biggrin_25516:

7. ShadowRider

ShadowRider Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Ohio
    Did leave the sorry company. As for the Quailcom, I can turn it off, turn it on or totally disconnect it all-together and the company is no wiser. There are people out here that are a little smarter than you when it comes to electronics but, your more than likely one of those truck drivers that thinks of yourself as a brain surgeon so why try to explain it to you.

8. smctransferllc

smctransferllc Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2009
    KC, KS
    If you're at home for off time and have a company truck, can you do the aluminum foil thing or turn the power off/disconnect the Qualcomm from the truck without the company knowing? Or will the company always know when you do this? Thanks.

9. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    I wouldn't bother messing with the quallcomm. Just rip that piece of crap out lock, stock, and wiring, and turn it in. You're an Owner/Op. You owe nothing to your current company. If they can't give you good loads, considering how much money you make for them, and save them, ditch the company. Try to get in with the other outfit, and use your authority to your advantage the rest of the time in staying busy. Why Owner/Ops are forced to put Quallcomms in THEIR trucks is beyond me. I'm a company driver, and appreciate what Quallcomm offers me, but I wouldn't use it if I had my own truck, trailer, and authority. I'd prefer to be able to broker myself when the company's freight can't keep me rolling. As I've heard from other O/O's, the truck must always be fed!

10. claimjumper

claimjumper Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2009
    london, ky
    using the blue "option" key, then up or down arrows, bring up your unit address or unit serial number (should be a 5 digit number) press "enter" then scroll to frequency range screen. Simply change your frequency. Might want to write down the valid one so you don' forget. THe guy that
    wants to shut his off while he sleeps: use the foregoing instructions and go to the screen that says "do you wish to restart unit" press "Y" . It'll stay off 'til you turn the ignition on. (This only works with the ignition off)

11. cherokeechief

cherokeechief Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Gilson, il
    it is dispersal range for what you change to 0. it is usually set at 127. this will turn off the antenna. and the no signal lite will be lit.
    but as a few said,with some companies, you tamper with it, you can be fired.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.