Quality Carrier vs Heniff?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Irish Tweet, Jun 16, 2021.

1. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    good friend worked there before retiring. never heard anything bad about them.

pathfinder1361 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    It depends on witch division your at at RDW. There chemical tanker division is newer. But there hazardous waste tanker division is as old as the company and pays decent rates.

I've talked to drivers on the dry van side pre rona. And all but 2 said they wasn't making big money. I said wow what happened they use to pay good. Well elogs was one reason the pay went down. Because RDW use to run drivers hard on paper logs if you know what I mean.

But I know a driver there now making 90k on the dry van side. But he does it but stealing loads. Let's say 5 drivers pull into Reidsville, NC at clean harbors. All of the drivers are waiting on there loads to be done. This guy will either call ahead or tell them when he checks in. That hey they told me to get that load going to Braintree, MA. They will say well the guy that checked in earlier today was supposed to get it hes out there sleeping. He will say no dispatch switched it before I got here. And he will get the run that was for someone else. When you wake up and find you that you get the shorter run. It passes ppl off. And some have quit behind this. But he's been up to these doing these tactics for years.

But if you go to RDW do tankers or dumps. Stay away from roll offs and vans.

wis bang Thanks this.
  4. Mambo Jambo

Mambo Jambo Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2021
    You're right. Private Carriers pay decent than 3Party carriers. I have been with OFC/Schmidt Liquid Trucking 1.5years now and we are doing fairly well. Hourly pay loaded/empty every new driver starts at $25/hr. Their Volvos and Cascadia are governed at 68mph cruise, foot on the pedal 70mph. They have weekly home time, if you like staying out they pay $200 for 34hr reset away from home. My weekly take home not less than $1200. Downside, they are 100% company drivers, no O/O or lease

77fib77 and pathfinder1361 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.