Quebec class 1 medical exam frequency

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Sugarkryptonite, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Sugarkryptonite

Sugarkryptonite Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Hey guys

I've asked a few people I know in person and have gotten differing responses from everyone...

Some people say it's mandatory medical exams once a year, some say once every 2 years, and some say none at all after you get your license.

Any info on this? Looking at the SAAQ website is useless.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Google: "Quebec class 1 medical frequency"

See: Description

https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/documents/publications/medical-assessment-drive-usa.pdf

If you hold a Class 1, 2, or 3 licence (road tractor, bus, straight-body truck), a Class 4A, 4B or 4C licence (emergency vehicle, minibus, taxi), you are required to undergo a medical examination:
    • at ages 45, 55, 60 and 65
    • every 2 years thereafter
    To drive a vehicle that requires a licence bearing class 1, 2, 3 or 4B in the United States, assessments are required:
    • at ages 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 and 45
    • at ages 48, 51, 54, 55, 57, 60, 63 and 65
    • every year thereafter
    - What you should know - SAAQ

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  4. Sugarkryptonite

Aug 22, 2017
    Hi not4hire

Thank you. I did see that page already, but wasn't sure because it was titled "Medical assessment to drive in the United States", even though they have a section titled "if you do not drive these vehicles in the US", I still wanted to make sure.

Here in Quebec they'll write one thing and tell you another in person. :mad:

Edit: I believe I just confirmed what you posted, though. I found this on another page (attached).

Screenshot_20171003-074758.png

So from what I gather it is only necessary when you hit 45 and what they listed after that, right?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  5. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Your attachment is the same as the first link in my post. From my reading of it, you will:
    • require a medical to obtain your Class 1
    • have to fill out a "medical declaration" at each licence renewal
    • need a subsequent medical at age 45 if you are restricting your Class 1 operation to Canada only (and following the schedule thereafter)

6. Sugarkryptonite

Aug 22, 2017
    Cool thanks! That's what it seems to me, too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.