Question about CLP

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by tgsman, Oct 29, 2023.

1. tgsman

tgsman Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2023
    Hey everyone, so I hold a class A CDL in California. Recently I decided to take work at a place that drives buses, so I needed to get my passenger endorsement. So I have a clp (commercial drivers permit) right now to acquire the passenger Endorsement and am going through the driving training required for that. Anyway, I think I have come to the conclusion I'd much rather drive something other then buses and on top of that this company has been jerking me around delaying my training, and some other things. I've been talking to some other companies.. So I am wondering what would happen if I were to bail on this job and what happens to a clp after it expires. Will it simply go away and my CDL class A stays as it was before I applied for the CLP? Or have I gotten myself in a situation where I have to see this through and complete the passenger endorsement to keep my CDL? Thanks in advance to any who see/reply.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    You're in California....and you're getting jerked around???

NOOooo WAAAY!....:p :D :rolleyes:

-- L

tscottme and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Go to the DMV and say you've changed your mind on the passenger bus and just want your CDL-A back.

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  5. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    You will go back on just having your CDL “A” only when your clp for passenger bus expires.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    The OP has a valid CDL plus a learners permit to drive bus while training. (for pass endorsement) So. when the learners permit expires, he still holds a valid CDL.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.