Question about Melton Truck Lines.

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Pete 388, Oct 5, 2010.

1. nikondvr

nikondvr Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2007
    When I was with them they had inverters in most trucks but had APU's in only a few. If you don't have either they will install a inverter for you but YOU are not allowed to install it. The reason for that is that if you don't do it correctly you can burn up THEIR truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckerwidow

truckerwidow Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Pinckney, MI
    Pete 388- Sorry I couldn't message you back. I guess I don't post enough for that privilege lol. He is still in orientation but seems to like it so far. He said he's only a little sore from tarping and stuff. He should get his truck on Thurs or Fri. I will let you know how it goes once he gets moving. Are you still considering going there? If so let me know and I will give you his info for a referral :biggrin_25525: I am keeping my fingers crossed that there is still money to be made in this industry

Skunk_Truck_2590 Thanks this.
  4. Pete 388

Pete 388 Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Ohio
    yes, im still interested in them but like i say i have alittle over a year to go yet. ive got my Class A and all that jazz but am trying to just haul grain now but when im 21 ill be going there.

Grandreaper Thanks this.
  5. Pete 388

Pete 388 Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Ohio
    truckerwidow- hows the old man taking Melton? is he liking the company? and what all did they go over in orientation?

6. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.

Melton doesn't have pete's as far as I know. The only freightliners they have are FL Columbia's which are few. If Melton has pete's then they have started purchasing them recently and I've never seen one.

Smokeeater Thanks this.
  7. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    There's never a "Stupid" question you can ask. The only stupid question asked is the one that isn't asked. I don't understand why drivers haven't figured this out yet. (No pun intened) Freightliner Century? I thought all they had was Columbia's(?). Personally I would much rather a Frieghtliner. KW's are nice but to small for my personal prefrence.

8. truckerwidow

truckerwidow Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Pinckney, MI
    Pete- He's liking it so far, and he really likes the company. I guess they have been really nice. He was a bit sore from tarping but is getting used to it lol. They covered all the company policy stuff and tarping and securing loads and log books (he didn't do them at Werner). He was satisfied with the orientation but he is a quick learner and worked construction for many years. The only complaint I've heard from him is that he's driving an automatic and prefers shifting and sometimes the loads are a little tight on time but thats mostly because it still takes him a while to tarp and secure.

9. pjturner1989

pjturner1989 Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2010
    columbia kentucky
    can anyone tell me how long they are out at a time and if you get home when you r supossed to and if its a good company and what is avg bring home and how much pre mile i have 7 months exp and do they give advances

10. nikondvr

nikondvr Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2007
    It's been a few years since I ran for them but they were a very good company. If you do what you are supposed to and get the loads where they need to be on time and safely they will take care of you. They do what they say and I NEVER had a problem getting paid what they owed me. I couldn't say that about some other companies. They always got me home on time. You have to stay out for at least two weeks. You could get up to a hundred a week from your comdata card when you fueled. Been gone over three years and I still get Christmas cards from them.

11. Pete 388

Pete 388 Bobtail Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Ohio
    TruckerWidow- So how is the old man liking Melton?? Miles, Hometime??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.