Question about no forced dispatch.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Savior Prime, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Savior Prime

Savior Prime Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I drive for hirschbach. They state repeatedly during hiring, in job descriptions, etc... they are no forced dispatch for lease operators. However, when I state I refuse to deliver or pickup in Chicago, they said if I dont I am fired. Can they do that?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Check your contract, or call the director of your lease operator program. As long as you didn’t accept the “load assignment,” you should be clear.

At Stevens Transport, no-forced dispatch meant you could reject any load assignment, but you have to be careful. You don’t want to anger the load planner.

rachi, Coffey and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Yes and No. Read your contract.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I once said "No" to FFE Chicago.

Imagine the scenario that happened. We escaped from Ontario Ice Storm thats major. Via Buffalo with a drop hook on ice through Erie for Phoenix AZ.

Chicago wants us to go to Detrioter to get a late solo, go through customs winsdor and then slog into the increasingly major Ice storm towards Toronto?

HA.

No.

They did not take that too well. Even with a team it would still be late so what does it matter? It doesnt. We kept our Phoenix load. (That and 2500 needed paymiles, none of this 400 piddling stuff...)

rachi Thanks this.
  6. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    definitely read your contract . I always thought their "non forced dispatch" referred to NYC metro and Canada .

You guys get paid straight mileage no matter what right ? It's not a percentage of the load?

7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    This what happens when you do a "lease purchase" on a truck through a big company. You're nothing but a glorified company driver.

Op how long have you been driving?

snowlauncher and 88228822 Thank this.
  8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Company I had my truck leased to had a no force dispatch policy. If you refused any loads, they'd say, "fine, we don't have anything else for you then".

snowlauncher, D.Tibbitt, PE_T and 6 others Thank this.
  9. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    That's the true joy of owning vs. leasing. My "No Forced Dispatch" is exactly that. If the carrier tries to push, too bad for them.

Door stickers fall off just as easy as they go on. And their are HUNDREDS of carriers right in my area screaming for experienced flatbedders.

snowlauncher, brysol01 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Teams are more valued and can get away with turning down a load alot more then the lowly solo driver. But a solo driver, especially a newbee can expect to get on the load planner/dispatcher's #### list if you dont have a real good reason for turning it down. Back when I was on paper logs I would just tell em I was almost out of hours if I didn't want to except the load. Cant do that now though!

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I think a good dose of common sense should guide on this topic. I know there are many drivers that had rather not go into places like NYC and Chicago. The thing is if you are driving for a carrier that Chicago is one of their principal lanes, it makes no business sense for them to keep you under contract if you refuse to go there. These things should have been spelled out in your contract.

x1Heavy, CrappieJunkie and dunchues Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.