question about previous license suspension

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Jesus Brito, Nov 8, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You did not state if the suspension was for the CDL or basic car license etc.

I hope it was for the basic license that got suspended for your sake. If it was the CDL that got taken away, thats a strike. You cannot afford a second.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jesus Brito

Jesus Brito Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Well do. Im going to get my mvr from Illinois first so I’m sure of what to put down on my application. I’ll be 22 in February. Thanks for your help

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Jesus Brito

Nov 8, 2018
    It was a car license. I’m trying to get a cdl

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Actually the concern is the suspended license. Doesn't matter why, it's an automatic 3 year disqualification to get a CDL. Now, of course, the op really needs to contact the court and see if he did, in fact, get a convicted suspension of his license. It could have simply have been a charge and not a conviction.

It's
    §383.73 State procedures.

It's 383.73(b)(3)(iii)(B)
    (b) Initial CDL. Prior to issuing a CDL to a person, a State must:

(3) Initiate and complete a check of the applicant's driving record to ensure that the person is not subject to any disqualification under §383.51, or any license disqualification under State law, does not have a driver's license from more than one State or jurisdiction, and has completed the required training prescribed in subpart F of part 380 of this subchapter. The record check must include, but is not limited to, the following:

(iii) A check with the Problem Driver Pointer System (PDPS) to determine whether the driver applicant has:

(A) Been disqualified from operating a motor vehicle (other than a commercial motor vehicle);
    (B) Had a license (other than CDL) disqualified for cause in the 3-year period ending on the date of application; or
    (C) Been convicted of any offenses contained in 49 U.S.C. 30304(a)(3);

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Other drivers that posted on here got around the disqualification for cdl, when they had a recent license suspension for non-moving violation, such as no insurance, license plate not renewed, owed back child support, etc.

7. tmb0507

tmb0507 Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Folkston, GA
    I had my license suspended prior to getting my cdl I had to have my license a full year clean with no issues before swift would touch me and they were the only one back in 2012

Jesus Brito Thanks this.
  8. Jesus Brito

Nov 8, 2018
    Can I ask what it was suspended for

9. tmb0507

tmb0507 Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Folkston, GA
    Lapsed registration and past ticket

10. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    get a copy of both states MVR, and if it shows a suspention, and the charges that caused the suspention were dropped, you may be able to get an attorney to get the suspention erased, but what youre saying, well, what Im hearing, is that you got ticketed for rolling a stop sign

and didnt show in court or pay the ticket, and then at a later date you got pulled over and cited for expired registration and didnt bother to show up inn court or pay the fine for that onne either?

or was this all in one traffic stop?
    you rolled a stop sign while driving with expired tags?

how many traffic stops? and how many didnt bother to pay or show up in court, or even call and have the court date reset.?
    most places will re schedule the court date at least once if you just call, and most places will reset it twice if you discover that you cant get to your scheduled court date.

and the other poster is correct, the state wont even accept your CDL application until three years after a suspension , actually I think its three years after your DL reinstatement date.

11. Jesus Brito

Nov 8, 2018
    I got stopped 2 times one in August of 2017 for stop sign. I forgot about going to court (extremely stupid I know), then the last (2nd) time was in January of 2018 for the license plates. Officer informed me on my suspension for missing the court date for the stop sign and I was issued a court date in March 2018 to settle the 3 citations I had now. Went to court the citations were dismissed but the judge informed me I would need to pay 100 to reinstate my license for the no insurance. Got that out the way and moved to Georgia. Hope that explains it better. I did call a few companies and they only wanted a year of having a valid license in my lifetime, though I’m waiting for Illinois to send me my mvr so I can put an accurate application in.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.