Question about renewing CDL medical examiner certificate

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Choc_P&B_Cups_R_Awesome, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Choc_P&B_Cups_R_Awesome

Choc_P&B_Cups_R_Awesome Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2016
    I did the CDL medical exam first time six years ago before I done anything else for my cdl license. Then I started a different job at the time. I ended up wanted to get my CDL license so I took and passed all my exams at the dmv and by that time that was two years. So I had to renew my CDL medical examiners certificate the second time.

While working at my current job for the city for two years, I passed my road test and renewed my CDL medical examiners certificate for the third time. Now I've been called for MTA. They were suppose to call me in for fingerprints and I'll get the final answer if I'm hired or not. I didn't receive anything except a letter from DMV stating that my medical examiner certificate was never sent to them. Also that I am no longer medically certified until that documtation is emailed to them.

I emailed the document to them and waiting for my license to go back to normal. i called the place I went to get my CDL medical certificate and they said they don't sent anything to dmv?

Now Im a little confused. Because the other two different places I went to sent all my information to DMV right there in the office? Is that just different policies? Or did things simply change? I asked because the receptionist didn't seem to be sure and had to ask other people before telling me that they don't sent the info to dmv?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Times have changed, take the forms and hand it to the clerk and watch them enter the information.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Your responsibility...take to DMV.

Grab a number. Wait 1.5 hours....pay 3.50...done. Hate it. Just did it this morning. I have no idea how you can watch to be sure as I could see nothing. Receipt is proof I guess....

CrappieJunkie and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. Choc_P&B_Cups_R_Awesome

Choc_P&B_Cups_R_Awesome Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Wished I was told that I had to submit the certificate myself. Had to go to MTA 4 different times just to get up to the fingerprint stage. Frustrating because I was suppose to start the class next week.

I'll go directly to dmv and then head over to MTA in brooklyn. Hopefully I can join the next class.

It was a little confusing because the first two times I had to renew my medical certificate. I went to two differnet places and both of them told me the same thing/ "We do everything right here in the office. Just have to enter everything into the computer and you're all set. You have nothing else to do. Just make sure you have the smaller copy of the certificate in your wallet."

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  6. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Take a hard copy to dmv.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.