question for mr. notarps

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by millerlightman02, Oct 27, 2008.

1. millerlightman02

millerlightman02 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2008
    indiana
    notarps i hear u work for maverick how much will i make my first year there can u give me a guestimate? im in indiana so there should be no shortage of loads being the midwest and ak steel in middletown ohio so close to me. can u pick wich div you go to or do they stick u in one? ive read a lot of good things there so its between maverick or dot foods in cambridge city indiana they guarentee u 50 thou in writing but u unload a lot of van by hand.any help would be great thanks,....mike

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Do a search of his posts. I know that he has addressed income potential with folks before. He was on last night, but sometimes he goes days without logging on again.

4. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I think it was being discussed on the bad company side of Maverick last couple of days and was around 52.000.

Leannamarie is correct, look in there and you will find alot of info.

They are on the good side as well.

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    The avg is 52.5 for 1st year drivers.

6. ufgatorguy

ufgatorguy Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2008
    jacksonville, florida
    I live in jax. fl. I currently work for allen freight services under pam transport. been with them since 8-25-08 . this is the only otr experience I have. I am not happy with this co. at all. I applied yesterday with maverick online. will I have a problem getting on with them with where I live or my noobie experience? any other info u wanna share would be greatly appreciated.thanks,kevin

7. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Yes, FL is not good for us, They like to hire where they can get you home on the weekends and we don't run FL much. Noobie is not a problem. They would train you to their standards, but I would say you would need to relocate. Your welcome.

8. tar28

tar28 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2008
    columbus,oh
    I'm waiting to get a start date w/ maverick too.i'm in ohio and they said they hire by state and probably not until after the first of the year.

9. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    tar im in the same boat too im in md same thing i was told also
    still debating wether to stik it or start somewhere and get some experience

10. bigbusbob

bigbusbob Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Clinton, SC
    IF I wanted to run team witha friend of mine for awhile who doesn't have much OTR time at all, would we get put in a regular freightliner MidRoof or into a larger truck?

Their mid-roofs are XT's I think, which is good, not regular mid-roofs -which are noticably shorter on inside stand-up height.

I've heard they run some eagles, is that true or ?

I'm looking to go on with them in January hopefully.

Does Maverick run teams?
    or are the Maverick Teams just for trainers, for just a few weeks at a time?

11. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    No teams. Those are trainers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.