Question to the general public from a trucker

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Harley, May 25, 2008.

1. 18wheeldumptrucker

18wheeldumptrucker "Buckeye Bucket"

Apr 1, 2008
    Sullivan, Ohio
    I have a bit of sweet poetic justice on this topic. I was west bound on the Ohio turnpike two summers ago and was cruising along at 65 or so and had a guy in a brand spankin' new Mustang was riding my left rear tandems like a $5 hooker, and out of nowhere I lost the ouside rear tire. Oh man, that guy dropped his cell phone and a load in his pants!!!:biggrin_2559: He couldn't get away from me fast enough! Luckily, none of the debris got him, but man was it funny!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IGM 462

IGM 462 Light Load Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Kingman, Arizona
    I agree with you 100% Lurch,
    I have also come to the conclusion that not only the 4x4's and the 4x4 p%&*s extensions do not come with turn signals.

4. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas

Thats good stuff!!!

How about this? Today as I was going to my last reciever before heading home. I was running behind another truck and we were clicking along pretty good through evening traffic. We were both in the middle on a 3 lane. I'm not sure I I was too close for his comfort or what (was over a truck length away BTW) but he got over and offered to let me around on the radio. I took him up on it and started around so I could run the front door for awhile. Well.. the 3rd lane started stopping due to a mexican convoy running about 40mph on the big road (like always) so I jumped in the restricted hammer lane and yelled for covenant to come on over.

No sooner than I was 3/4 of the way in the lane the 4 wheeler ahead of me all but locks it up. I had to run on the inside wall to not run them over, because I couldn't go back now. Big truck was already in the middle and I wasn't stopping fast enogh for this guy. Then they skid across all 3 lanes to take a exit.

So tell me... why do people do this? Miss an exit.. take the next and turn around. Its better than dying. Its not like there isn't an exit every 3 miles through that area...

Last note.. yes i know I shouldn't be running in a restricted hammer lane. But if it comes down to getting everyone bound up and being able to fix it with a simple lane change.. I'll do it. I pay taxes on that lane anyway.. should get a refund... :biggrin_25510:

5. woodstock36

woodstock36 Medium Load Member

May 17, 2008
    NY
    I so dont like being singled out the way , as I think I have expressed on several occations!!!!!!!!!!!! I my self did not go over 40 miles an hour all winter, my truck weighs close to 6000 pounds, if it starts to go its gone. :biggrin_25524: Hey everybody look its some form of an idiot in a 4x4 OMG :biggrin_25516:

6. 379 Peterbilt

379 Peterbilt Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    DITTO BROTHER. I do the same thing all the time. I pick my shots and keep it to a minimum, but if I need the 3rd hammer lane, I will take it ...briefly.

In metro areas, it should be mandatory for THRU big trucks to stay in the leftmost 2 lanes. Sadly, our laws are legislated by folks who have only driven 4 wheelers.

7. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas

But that would just make too much sence...

8. 379 Peterbilt

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I once ran thru Chitcago via the express lanes. On purpose. LOL

Local lanes were down with your typical everyday dry road bluebird skies, 4 wheeler pileup.

9. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    I never want to go back. Not saying I wont.. just I don't wanna...

With all the construction through Crackcago, its hard not to.

10. 379 Peterbilt

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    10-4. Yeah 94 north of the loop is AFU

Only 2 lanes open. The ditch and the shoulder.

The only thing Chitcago is good for is a backhaul. LOL

11. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

I am not sure that is even worth it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.