Question to the general public from a trucker

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Harley, May 25, 2008.

1. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Hmm, you must feel guilty of this. I wonder why. :biggrin_2554: First step is identifying the problem, second is doing something about it. Most threads you post in seem to trail off into directions unknown. Why is that? Short attention span? Next time you might try starting a new thread rather than crapping in someone elses. Have fun with your retaliatory post.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    "Guilty" of what?
    How long have you been experiencing your symptoms of bewilderment?
    Is part of that "first step" determining if, in fact, there actually IS a "problem"?
    And if there isn't a "problem" -- wouldn't that make the second "step" moot?

Now, if there actually IS a "problem" -- I reckon the question you'll need to ask yourself is, what are you going to do about it?
    How would you know where "most" of my threads "trail off into"? Have you even read "most' of my threads?
    Well, .... let's see,.............. you've already admitted that you don't read all the posts in a thread before you come up with an answer that's already been presented,.......... so I'm wondering if your "short attention span" is just a symptom, or the actual "problem".
    YeAH.
    I might do that. However, keeping in mind that one man's crap is another man's fertilizer, if I try to please the minority by withholding what they consider "crap", I'm doing a dis-service to those who use that "crap" to learn and grow --- would that be fair in your opinion?

But as long as the complements outnumber the cynical remarks by about 20 to one, why try to fix what doesn't seem to be broken?
    And, as an added bonus, those complements I receive ARE from other posters who DO read ALL of the posts in a thread, rather than gloss over or skim through them, --- which, IMO, makes them ill prepared to comment on the contents of posts they admit they don't read.

Perhaps if you extended a real effort to extract as much information as possible from as many different folks as you possibly can, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

There's something I've learned in all the years I've been attempting to "learn", and that is -----
    I can please SOME of the people ALL of the time,
    and I can please ALL of the people SOME of the time,
    but, I can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time.

So I figure why worry about it?
    I'm sure not gonna lose any sleep over it, keeping in mind that SOME people would complain if they were hanged with a new rope.
    "Fun" is one of the reasons I post here. It's the entertainment factor that keeps me coming back.
    And while I'm here, I even respond to "OFFTOPIC" posts --- like your post above, which is, I believe, by your own standards, off topic.
    But, I won't hold that against you. Nor am I concerned about your short attention span or lazy reading habits.
    Although, by not completing your reading assignment(s), your own chances of learning are greatly diminished. If you're content with that, who am I to attempt to persuade you do be any different?
    Acceptance is such a beautiful thang.
    And sooo much more rewarding that being critical of others whom you've not taken the time to understand --- because you don't read all of their posts or listen to them.

How's that for "retaliatory"?
    Was it as "fun" for you as it was for me?
    Or, did you even bother to read it, ........ again? :evil3:
    Selective ignorance? :scratch: :dontknow:
    Hmmmmmmmmmm

Here's your sign -----> :stop:

4. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas

Good point! Thats the most useful post Ive seen you make! Congrats for being the first to grace my ignore list.

5. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Hmmmmmmm
    Why doesn't that surprise me? :laughing6:
    I doubt I'll be the last. :biggrin_25512:

Wise folks know that
    The difference betwixt intelligence and stupidity is
    intelligence has limitations. :yes2557:

And,........................

There are none so blind as those who would lead a horse to water
    and still not smell the coffee brewing on the greener side of the fence.

Or, sumthin' like that.
    I forget.
    Memory ---- second thing to go
    doncha know.

Proving, once again,................ that
    I'm a baaadd man. :naka: :biggrin_25523:

But, right now I don't have time to debate with a poster who ignores my posts ---
    I'm goin' to a book burnin' party.
    Something I'm thinkin' would be right up your alley. :yes2557: :biggrin_25526:

6. woodstock36

woodstock36 Medium Load Member

May 17, 2008
    NY
    Yep your right about that one AfterShock, you cant always please everyone ! But your cool in my book,and I dont think I will be burning it LOL. As for the not reading all the posts, before you respond, if I run into a post,and I do not feel like reading all of them I dont post anything, for fear I might have missed something,and then, look like an idiot??
    I thought when I read that I was having dejavu?:biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.