Questionable flatbed pay

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Graymist, Apr 30, 2010.

1. rockee

rockee Road Train Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Pacific Northwest
    I dont know about the industry standard but what about everything else? Medical, dental, vision, hometime, any bonus? How much are your dues. Overtime? How many holidays?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. already gone

already gone Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    i doubt any overtime, its otr steel hauling in the midwest/northeast. if you check their page, medical, dental, and vision(bcbs) are paid for by the company, and they get you home every weekend, and once during the week.

I would bet they get paid holidays, but first year guys dont get a guarauntee that they will be home on them.

4. dab11999

dab11999 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Steel isn't that hard to haul. Just a matter of making sure your chains are staying tight. It's always safety first with that stuff.
    Steel isn't paying much these days. A couple of years ago the Bush Administration lifted the tariffs on steel so the auto workers could stay in business. Steel went cheap.
    I can understand why they're not paying much for deadhead. Keeps them on the road I guess. But most companies give you full wages for deadhead. But they try and keep your deadhead miles down.
    You should ask them about their backhauls and how far your deadhead is.

Graymist Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.