Questions about Finding a job post dui

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Aireal, Feb 11, 2013.

1. interdude

interdude Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    +1........

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    No, its a bad law that needs to be changed. The public interest was not served by prosecuting a man sleeping in his car.

4. interdude

Mar 28, 2012
    on that note way too many folks are already in overcrowded jails that also cost big dough

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States
    Incarceration in the United States is one of the main forms of punishment, rehabilitation, or both for the commission of felony and other offenses. The United States has the highest documented incarceration rate in the world. At year-end 2009, it was 743 adults incarcerated per 100,000 population

5. PackRatTDI

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I wonder how many actual dangerous DWI drivers that cop passed up to harrass someone sleeping in his car and was not endangering anything other than his bank account by idling his fuel away.

6. interdude

Mar 28, 2012
    hmmmm......

7. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    Completely off topic, but I never would of guessed 21.5% of those incarcerated are pretrial detainees. That's quite a big chunk that are not yet actually found guilty of a crime. I guess I never bailed out before trial but I figured I was in the minority.

8. interdude

Mar 28, 2012
    that's called 'poor folks' type justice

'connections' .. can also come in mighty handy

9. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Medium Load Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Poquoson, VA
    WOW,
    I am absolutely appalled by some of the rhetoric I have read in this post, I guess I should not be most of the "sinless" and "judgmenta" folks have less than 20 years driving experience. Two of the big responders don't have 20 between the two of them... You ask what in the heck does time on the road have to do with having a strong opinion about a crime like a DUI.... I will explain and before you jump to judgement take into affect a few things.....

First and Foremost People can change This driver who the OP refers to might NOT even touch any alcohol at all and might have had his coming to Jesus meeting shortly thereafter... Who are you to Judge.. Without going off on a tangent I thought those who threw the first stone should be COMPLETELY Free of SIN and willing to be hung on a cross.. Just Saying..

Second each state has different DUI laws, the National Standard is .08 with some states reserving .04 for CDL Holders Some apply this to BOTH Personal and Commercial Vehicles...

Third NO ONE knows the circumstances around his case..... We don't know what lead up to it WE ALL agree Driving under the Influence is both Irresponsible and potentially Deadly..

Fourth... Folks do change instead of condemning someone for their wrongs in the past, why not encourage them to make a change for a better future...

And Do you judge a person on one simple act in their life, or Do you look at the whole picture?

Did he lose the job he had prior to the DUI? IF so He had it coming right?
    Did he Lose His Family due to this DUI and not being able to support them ?
    After serving the imposed sentence/fines and time without a DL has he committed any other Offenses that are the same????

There are a lot of Variables to this being quick to judge someone is as bad as the person you are judging...

I wish my Pops would get online and tell some of the storys from the days he drove back when black beauties were in the rest area under the 55gallon trash can an two days of popping the top on 7 ounce pony cans... He drove in the early sixties, went to Nam came home and drove right up until 2003.. He like His Father did things we would never think about doing and yes as times have changed so have the laws... Many people have broken the laws, but in my mind a person who gets Shut down for a ragged piece of equipment at a DOT inspection is just as bad as a DUI driver...

The Difference between those who judge them harshly and myself Is that I believe that people can change, and be retaught..

Aireal and popcorn169 Thank this.
  10. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Your Mailbox
    Bad law because you drink and drive? Again: sit in the passenger seat instead.

11. PackRatTDI

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I don't drink and drive. And neither was the person in question. Your logic fails miserably today. The laws should not onclude sitting in a parked vehicle as being in control. We can log off duty when we park and sit in the drivers seat, why should a car driver be afforded any less protection?

popcorn169 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.