Questions about Finding a job post dui

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Aireal, Feb 11, 2013.

1. ShootThis

ShootThis Medium Load Member

Perhaps you should double check what you have typed and reevaluate your comments about persons being "Holier Than Thou".

Tonythetruckerdude Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Does anyone else have any input on the original questions?

Aireal Thanks this.
  4. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    The way I see it , it would really be a waste of time for him unless he is willing to wait 5 or more years and take a class or 2 on alcoholism to prove he is sincere about not drinking and driving. He will still have to settle for a job with a company that is not exactly top of the line, or one that will not be on anyone's' A-list. Simply for the reason that a driver of that many years experience knows without a doubt what the risks are are to his livelihood, once he makes the choice to have anything at all to drink. As most drivers know especially in today's environment , it is more often than not the companies insurance carrier that will have the final say in a situation like this. There are way too many drivers old and new that have made the right choices and would be considered for employment before the OP would be.....just the way it is.

Aireal Thanks this.
  5. Aireal

Aireal Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Garden City, TX
    Thanks again for those reponses that were helpful. I've told my friend what alot off ppl have said. BTW "friend" is NOT a secret code word for me.

And I had actually known better than to post this subject with out getting "flammed. I've been on the "net" long enough to know better about some subjects. But where else would I ask?

Mod if you want you can close the thread, I doubt I will get anymore useful information, but thank you to the people that PM'd me with the information my friend needed... and thanks to all of you for your opinions, good or bad.

6. mcgoo422000

mcgoo422000 Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    There is one thing your friend can do now that I think about it. Sometimes you can have stuff removed or expunged from a record with a lawyers help. Consult a DUI specialty lawyer in your area he could tell you if it's possible. Also if it don't show on the MYR don't volunteer the information let the paper record speak.
    For future reference never voluntarily give the police any test they ask. Exercise your right to remain silent and seek legal counsel before doing anything, you'd
    be surprised what can be done if you don't help them convict you. Just google "don't talk to the police".

Aireal Thanks this.
  7. Aireal

Aireal Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Garden City, TX
    I'll tell him. Thank you.

8. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    While I dont agree with drinking and driving, and many other things that arent cool, you people who want to put people in prison forever need to remember who has to pay for all that. Our society, government, whatever, is just about broke. We can not afford to keep up the rampant govt spending like we have. Most people can not afford to pay much more in taxes than we pay already. I read somewhere that it takes the taxes of more than 35 average taxpayers to keep a person in jail for just a year. Now, lets greatly increase the number of people we have in prison for life, and see how soon we go broke as a country. China seems rather harsh on their criminals, but I bet their system is cheaper.

9. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    How about we all just agree that drunk driving, in any way, shape or form is bad. The best idea is if you drink, hand the keys over. And if you do not, and you get caught, there goes your career. If you kill someone or injure them, you're going to jail for a long time. And will pay a lot too. Be safe out there and DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!!!!

Aireal, Tonythetruckerdude and d o g Thank this.
  10. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    I really wasn't trying to argue whether it makes sense. Just that it's not stretching the law since it states that in the law.

11. interdude

interdude Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    buddy of mine nodded off at a light, got busted for impaired, no booze/dope involved

you can be impaired from fatigue/lack of sleep

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.