Questions about Finding a job post dui

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Aireal, Feb 11, 2013.

1. interdude

interdude Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    i say again, i guess the FAA has it backwards, in allowing second chances for flying, if busted for dwi/dui

the reality today is that passengers don't even know if they are flying with pilots who have a prior conviction

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. interdude

Mar 28, 2012
    my point is just that pilots get a second chance (depending of course..) and aviation IS where you have THE highest standards

so, no second chances for truckers but yes for pilots?!

btw, ya don't like how it works for pilots? too bad..

welcome to realities and the real world

4. Aireal

Aireal Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Garden City, TX
    ok again, my friend WAS NOT driveing, had NO intention of driveing, was only in the car with it running til another friend got their to drive him home, to keep from freezing in 20*f weather. His friend got their before the cop even finished writing up the ticket.

Was he wrong for drinking in the first place, well maybe, but we are all human. His mistake was not getting a taxi earlier or getting the friend earlier. Before the bar closed, that way he would never have been in his car, to keep warm.

I don't condone driveing after drinking. I don't drink, I married someone that doesn't drink. But that does not mean I look down on those who do. As long as they don't drive down the road, (or fly a plane, drive a boat.etc). I really don't care if they get passed out drunk every friday night, I just won't go visit them til saturday afternoon. If they are not puting others lives at risk by what they do, it's their business.

BTW the friend I wrote the OP about is a casual beer drinker watching the fooball game at HOME kinda guy. The day he got his OVI, was not in any shape way or form a "normal" day, well month if truth be told. That is not my story to tell though, so I won't even go there.

5. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Your Mailbox
    Then he should have sat in the passenger seat instead. If you sit in the drivers seat with the vehicle running, you are in control of the vehicle. Bad judgement call on your friends behalf. Why do I look down on DUIs? Besides knowing someone who was killed by a drunk driver, drivers are never sorry about their actions. They are only sorry they got caught. Your friend does NOT belong behind the wheel of anything. I wouldn't even trust him on a bicycle.

Tonythetruckerdude Thanks this.
  6. interdude

Mar 28, 2012
    and they of course never make mistakes lol

http://www.infowars.com/lapd-litera...re/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

7. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Your Mailbox
    I say again, your licenses can be pulled on a 91.13 and a 91.17.

8. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    The FAA allows it, so what? Doesn't mean an airline will hire them. Any trucking company is allowed to hire someone with a DUI conviction as well. Doesn't mean a trucking company will hire them either. The fact a federal agency allows something has no direct correlation with whether they can easily get a job in an industry.

9. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    Or deserve to get a job in the industry...that is the entire point...All along it has been said , should the OP wait or move on to another way of making a living....some say wait "maybe" someone will give him a job. Most of us say move on...he should have known better being an experienced driver.

10. Aireal

Aireal Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Garden City, TX
    your opinion and I respect that. I just disagree with some of it.

Not all ppl who drink are alcoholics and you are right about alcoholics, they don't care.

I don't drink because my family is prediposed to alcoholism, one is never enough. No one in my family drinks "casually", either they don't drink at all or they are alcoholics. Or you could say we are all alcoholics, iust some of us don't drink. I know what alcohol does to ppl, I know the lives it ruins, from both sides. As a paramedic, i saw the drunks that killed ppl and liveing with it, i've seen them ruin there own lives and those around them slowly.

That does not however mean I condem any one that drinks. Those are my opinions based on my life.

Ghost Ryder Thanks this.
  11. interdude

Mar 28, 2012
    i was responding to this comment

reminds me of the Spitzer types

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.