Questions about Frito Lay

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by icecold24k, Aug 17, 2019.

1. exACT driver

exACT driver Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Welcome to Frito-Lay. I have been here about two and a half years and I am not going to say that I didn’t wonder quite a few times if I made a mistake coming to work here. Now I am extremely glad I did. No more leaving out and wondering what you are going to have to do before you get back home. That is all determined before you ever bid on a run. My 401K and ARC are adding up nicely, and for the most part all the drivers work well to help each other out. Always ask for their help if it is your first time making a run. The senior drivers always know where the best motels to stay at are! I am on a block bid GES run now so I don’t come to Fayetteville anymore but if you come to Jonesboro maybe we can meet in person. Best of luck to you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. icecold24k

icecold24k Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Tullahoma, Tennessee
    Thanks for the helpful tips and words of encouragement. I am a little nervous about it as I know its pretty physical and there are grocery store deliverys and figuring out how to get into parking lots and things like that. I am sure I will be okay in the end though.

Texas_hwy_287 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  4. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I was WAY too tired yesterday after working a Saturday driving, and then my barter job with my attorney..... I work on her house as I can.. I just slept afterwards. Didn't even step in here yesterday, and I'm WAY behind. Wanted to ask you...do you remember Todd H from the other place? I'm not a member, just peruse. I'm too old and 'seasoned' to play there, haha! A few seasoned hands from here got banned from there, LmAo.. for trying to be real.

He's on here as Tom C (can't say last names) nowadays... pretty funny, check it out. Auto lot logo, LoL.

Got a few more posts to read on this thread; just wishing you well, Mr. Paul... (and await Fritos, haha!)

Tom

Texas_hwy_287 and icecold24k Thank this.
  5. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Dude, if you have the skills, you have the skills. And I believe you do. DON'T second guess yourself. Are you going from a Condo (at the other place) to a day cab? Easy Peasy... imho.

Getting geared up for the Browns' game even though we have five FIVE ...AUGHH.. 1ST string guys out. Got my Totino Scoops and Picante ready, LoL~! ;)

icecold24k Thanks this.
  6. icecold24k

icecold24k Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Tullahoma, Tennessee
    Oh Yes I do remember him for sure. I still creep over there from time to time although I am not very active. I check in and do some reading lol.
    Yes will be in a day cab so that is a plus. I am actually going to watch the Browns game also, I was hoping that Baker Mayfield would be killing it this year honestly. I think one day Cleveland can be a legit contender.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    They WERE up on it..for a minute... but last week sucked for Baker. Now that they are DOWN what 5 starters tonight..this should be 'good' (or not.) OBJ better have his 'game on' for sure.. and Chubb...if he plays... Just wow, eh? one hour.. and Tostitos and Salsa ready, haha!

If you get a minute look for Tom the car guy on here; you'll know whom I mean. It's his avatar....just like wow.

Best wishes, keep us posted. (some of us day'cabbers 'cheat' by looking out the back window a skoshe (<sp?) ..... just quicker than the 288 wheelbase Petercar I used to haul tanks with, Lol..Trailer shorter, yeah...so? Tractor made up for that, AND MORE~! ;)

Are you getting a single or twin screw? Our company has both, and I have a tad bit of seniority so I have a twin. Handles SO much better in the winter, even though we usually don't get 'too' much here in Ohio; its happened. At least we don't CHAIN~! :) HAHA!

ps: @FlaSwampRat taught me the 'looking out the back window' trick... and he's young enough to be my son, haha!!

Best to ya, man.
    Tom

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    When I was city driving daily before I started the line haul I had to parallel park about a dozen times a day and the back window is the key to getting 3" away from the curb the first time. When you get the trailer close to where you want it and need to cut the truck in you look out the back window and you and see the curb and how much of an angle the trailer is compared to it so you know how much to turn into it. I can do that all day long but can't back in a straight line lol.

Texas_hwy_287, x1Heavy and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  9. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    See, Mr. Paul?!? ;) I do better with offsets of any shape and size, my OWN self.. Straights were easier in the 233 wb Petercar.. Go figure. LoL.

Texas_hwy_287, x1Heavy and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I usually lined on the spot mirror off the drives to know if its 3 inches from curb.

Later tractors like the 120 and the century had the spot ahead of the steer so you can really park on a deck of playing cards if you needed to.

Get a pair of drives on your tractor if at all possible. Winter is coming. The senority stuff is for the birds. Singles too much of a risk of ruining a otherwise good workday getting stuck in winter.

Texas_hwy_287 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  11. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    My company has a 'few' single screws (yes, Daycab Macks....) but my 2029 is TWIN screw; light on a heavy day. Yessir, winter is coming. They wanna keep me; I'll keep my 10'er and twins. YEPPERS~! ;) (EVEN the 'spare' int'l truck is duals. 13 sp.)

Texas_hwy_287 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.