Questions about team driving

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Zonno, Jun 11, 2018.

1. BillStep

BillStep Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Team driving is not bad once you get used to sleeping while the truck is moving. Took me about four months. Make sure you are with a co driver you can trust and you are compatible with. That's very important. It took me about three or four drivers until I found someone I felt safe with. I'm solo regional now but I would do teams again if the right co driver became available and I liked the route. My wife did not like teams because I was so far from the house. She didn't complain about the paycheck though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    The sleeping in the truck thing I never suspected would have been a problem. But it is because those trucks are a lot more bumpy than your normal 4-wheeler, and noisier too. I was a lot more worried about motion sickness. To my surprise, I never got sick even while reading in the back, but I'd be lucky to sleep a few hours my first two months.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    You had to team drive with your trainer?

5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    No, I did all of the driving. He was in the passenger seat streaming movies on his phone, laughing hysterically at those movies, then shoving his phone in my face at night time to show me something causing me to go blind for a few seconds as my eyes had to readjust to the dark road. I finally told him if he did that again, I would toss his phone out the window. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.