Questions about the Marcellus Shale water haulers?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by needAbetterJOB, May 9, 2011.

1. plymouth

plymouth Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2011
    plymouth, massachusetts

I will contact you, I am also meeting some one from Mark West

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Mark West has a facility right across the street from our shop and they're constantly pumping trucks out. There's a company called Papco that uses O/O's to pull their trailers, a few guys park there at our yard and the rates they're talking about are pretty big numbers. Let me know how it goes, are you coming out to the Mark West in Washington, PA?

plymouth Thanks this.
  4. plymouth

plymouth Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2011
    plymouth, massachusetts
    Yes to Washington PA, it wont be until Jan. I have to finish work here in Massachusetts. I have applyed for my own authority. I really don't want to work for another hauler I will have my own truck and trailer as soon as i see what the need are. If its water, gas, sand ect,,, then i will set up for it. I also have 20yrs of site work under my belt so no stranger to heavy equipment. Any info would be great
    Thanks
    Tim

5. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    I think Mark West is a good route to go. I'm not totally up to speed on the way things work around here yet but I do know there's not a shortage of work to be done in this area. You could even stop in to Valley Bulk where I work and talk to these guys about running for them, like I said we're directly across the street from Mark West. I've talked with a guy who's been here for a little over 10 years who grossed 4,700 to the truck last week, he owns both truck and pneumatic tank trailer. If I can help you with anything just let me know, I'll do the best I can or atleast point you in what I think would be the right direction.

plymouth Thanks this.
  6. plymouth

plymouth Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2011
    plymouth, massachusetts
    Thank you for all your help I just looked up Valley Bulk looks like a quality co. I will keep them in mind. 4700 to the truck he must be hauling gold or working 70 hrs a week but i like the numbers, That is the area you need to be in as an o/o and still make a weeks pay, repairs, fuel ect.....
    again thank you I will let you know when we are headed out maybe have a cup coffee or a beer
    Tim

7. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Keep in touch, the rates here are good. I know what I make as a company driver at starting percentage rate so I can imagine that O/O's are doing good. We'll keep an eye out for ya over here.

8. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Wellsboro Pa, Lakeland Fl
    Don't know anything about them, but I listened to a radio interview the other day where the CEO from Oakley Bulk was begging for owner ops.

9. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Oakley's hauling sand like crazy up here, you can't get enough guys to haul sand for these wells. I hear talk of upwards of 3,000 new wells per year being drilled, that's a lot of sand to be hauled.

10. plymouth

plymouth Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2011
    plymouth, massachusetts
    what kind of trailers do they use to haul sand

11. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Pnuematic bulk tanks, I've been told if you're going to haul sand make sure the tank has top air on it to help push that stuff out. I don't haul it so I'm not really sure how it works, but I know it doesn't come out easy like cement or dust does.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.