Questions about the Marcellus Shale water haulers?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by needAbetterJOB, May 9, 2011.

1. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    I wish I could help you more as far as how it works for an O/O, the company I work for leases tractor trailers for sand, cement, and other bulk type of work but I'm not all that well versed on water. I know there are a lot of companies doing it, even some freight companies breaking in to the market, I actually think that will hurt things because they can afford to do the service at a lower rate, hence the 85 dollar an hour quote from Highland.

Highland, by first appearance, seems like a very respectable company. Their equipment is top notch, our shop does a lot of their PM's, and for what it's worth their guys are eating at the local Outback Steakhouse almost nightly, they must pay their guys a handsome per-diem.

Glad I could be of some help, best bet is what you're doing, get here and knock on some doors and go from there.

Tonyskillz1983 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tonyskillz1983

Tonyskillz1983 Bobtail Member

Thanks Plymouth, were going to be up in Washington PA by the end of the month as well. What kind of trucks are you thinking of running out there, ie what size tanks/pump set ups, strait job or trailer?. from what ive herd from some contacts Ive made is that they want 110 barrel or 5000 gal. Ive got a 5000 gal mack on Long Island and a 2500 gal down here in NC. Keep in touch, and Ill let u know how we make out at the end of the month.

4. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Give a shout when you get in the area. The wife and I will be in Florida the week after Christmas, but we'll be back the Saturday prior to New Years. Washington is a decent little town, it's very old and the people up here talk funny, but other than that it's liveable.

It's very oil oriented, you'll see churches up here holding "oil worker" breakfasts, the local atv/dirtbike dealer advertises for oil field worker discounts. Coming from Florida it's interesting to see how things are done in a "boomtown". Central Florida had this feel back in the early 2000's, but once the housing market crashed it went from boomtown to ghost-town.

So far the temps up here are still pretty good, high of 30 today but sunny as can be and thus far the snow has steared clear. I think you'll find it interesting that these well water trucks pull their clean water directly from streams located near the well, some places where water restrictions are in place they have baker tanks set up, but i get a kick out of seeing 30-40 trucks backed up to a stream pulling fresh water at 5 in the morning.

BTW, I'm Zach glad I could be of some help to the both of you, "plymouth" as well.

Tonyskillz1983 Thanks this.
  5. double_r

double_r Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Here is a site that will help you learn the native speak of this area.

6. Tonyskillz1983

Tonyskillz1983 Bobtail Member

Thanks Zach, Im Anthony and My business Partner is John. Hes going to be in Washington in about 6 or 7 days, Im going strait up to NY. I will Give you his Number when get up there. We would love if you had some time to talk......but I know your busy when workin. But anyway thanks for all of your help and maybe soon we will be grinding this work out on the same roads.

7. plymouth

plymouth Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2011
    plymouth, massachusetts
    I have not seen any new post, whats going on in PA i will be headed to the Washington area in a couple of weeks. Any new news??

8. Trashtrucker1265

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Snow, no sunshine, and ready to go home to Florida, but other than that the wells are still being drilled, and they're hauling a bunch out of Mark West.

plymouth Thanks this.
  9. 7122894003481

7122894003481 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2011

So for 220 hours you brought home $3400? Thats less than $16 an hour.

10. double_r

double_r Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh,PA
    That's average pay around Western PA for the wells. Every help wanted ad I see says 15-17 per hour or pay by the load for the sand haulers.

11. plymouth

plymouth Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2011
    plymouth, massachusetts
    If thats for a company driver what are the o/o getting. does not sound worth the trip

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.