Questions About the Railroad LPG test for Texas Drivers

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Thane, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Any of you guys done the LPG test in Austin at the Railroad commission? It allows you to haul LPG. How long is it, time-wise? Do I need to study the booklet or do they allow you to take into the test and use it? How much does it cost? How often to they give it? Is it something I can just walk in and take, or is there a weekly or monthly time-only when you can take it? Is there anything I should have the heads-up on before going over there? Thanks.

bigmotor1212 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    Texas RRC - LPG Examination Study Guides

Employee level exams are $40.00

4. Buster Churry

Buster Churry Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2018
    Up The Road
    You don’t need to study or pay the fee. Just walk in whenever you feel like it and tell them that you know me.

5. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    It's an open book test, but unbelievably ppl still flunk it. And if I'm not mistaken after the initial test is past. The card is good for two years. And then yearly after that. And either your company will renew it every year. Or if your not with a company you can pay $35 and renew it. I'm not sure how often it's given. But you can call them at 512-463-7158

6. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Thanks for the info, guys. I'll call that number, Haz-Mat-Guru and set it all in motion. After that, hopefully, I can get an LPG driving job somewhere.

7. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Dibstr, thanks for that guide. I've made a copy of it and will take it along to the exam.

8. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Normally you get the job first then the company sets you up for the test and pays for it. Where do you live?

9. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    I don't live in Austin. But where I do live, it's possible to take the exam. But I have to wait several days, maybe a couple of weeks, on a waiting list. This week's exam schedules are filled.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.