questions for celebrity tour bus drivers

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by truckerdave1970, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Rockandrollbusdriver

Rockandrollbusdriver Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Nashville, Tn
    Sorry to hear about your dad, man i just lost mine in October and it hurts because i was never home to see him, Something i left out above, when we are out on tour we are gone usually 3-4 months or longer. And since i am being so nice here i am going to give all the truckers here the best piece of advice i will ever give you, Whenever an entertainer coach passes you make sure your brights aren't on blinding him, never tailgate us and try not to piss one of us off on the radio (we generally dont start the conversation the trucker does) anyway if one of those 3 things occur we will usually flush the driver that did it, and by flush i mean we will dump a 200 gallon piss tank on you and when that piss gets in your radiator and starts stinking it aint nothing nice, just giving a piece of friendly advice. Most truckers are very courteous to us they just ask the same old question, How do they get my job? I came form trucking and remember where i came from.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tomsws6

tomsws6 Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2009
    dover delaware

Sounds like you go through alot. Is the compensation worth it?

4. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Produce driver cover 1200 to 1500 in a single drop, the nature of the business. Like you they are normally in the fastlane, hammer down. I'm not to sure how to take your comment on you dumping the black tank while in motion. First off if your really a tour coach driver you already know that you have to be outside of the coach to uncap then open the manual slide valve on the tank.

People here have not been rude to you in anyway so this comment would be just to stir up ^$&$ just to make it stink.

5. Rockandrollbusdriver

Jul 1, 2010
    Nashville, Tn
    Powder joints i hate to tell you but our coaches are equipped with air valves that open and close the tanks from inside while moving, and you only have to remove the cap if you put it on,http://www.uswaternews.com/archives/arcrights/5davematt2.html Ask Stefan if you have to stop to dump. I wasnt trying to stir anything up as i said i remember where i came from and was just giving a piece of friendly advice, I never said anyone in here was rude to me, As for me really being a tour bus driver, I have nothing to prove to anyone on here, i am actually thinking of going back to driving a truck because i am tired of not seeing my family for months on end so i was on here looking at what people had to say about the company i am thinking of going to and came across this thread and thought i would actually give ya'll a peak into the kinda crap we go through. But since Powder Joints wants to question what i have said on here this will be my last post, take care guys and be careful out there.

SleepysRose Thanks this.
  6. Rockandrollbusdriver

Jul 1, 2010
    Nashville, Tn

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    The drinking or the other stuff?:biggrin_25523:

8. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Did the singer get his cookies? Goes good with beer!

Alot of your problems are similar to many truck drivers. The only difference is our trucks are goverened and your bus is not. I have many 1200 mile trips you only get 3-4 hrs sleep. When you get there, do you get to sleep? No, you have 5 drops to get off.

The problem is the scheduling. Maybe they should allow an extra day between gigs.

9. Rockandrollbusdriver

Jul 1, 2010
    Nashville, Tn
    Well i just signed on to haul chemical tanker, as soon as i did my stress level went waaaaay down. I think i am going to be far more happy.
    Well i still have to make it in and take the drug screen and do all the necessary paperwork but #### it feels good to know i wont have to run so illegal any longer.

10. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    It's not a Winnebago...It's a whole different animal and I know for a fact that that tanks can be dumped in motion if the driver chooses.

Wrong again...

I didn't take his comment as being rude or stirring up ####...It is a fact that if you mess with a tour bus you get skunked up and paid back.
    I think he was just pointing that out rather than responding to any disrespect from anyone here.

I saw it happen to a guy in the 80's when he was messin' with a tour bus for an artist named Rick James (Super Freak) and the driver warned him on the CB to "back off" and a few minutes later...YUCK!!!

Then he backed off!:biggrin_2559:

11. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I probably would not run into this problem since I haven't in the last 3 million miles, But if i got dumped on I would certainly be on the phone to DPS or CHP depending on the state I was in. My truck has a front facing accident camera mounted to the windshield to get it to keep the last 45 seconds all you have to do is hit the hold button. All the info needed, would be right there.

I would not dump waste on someone although I can think of a few that deserved it. Untreaded human waste is considered a health hazard.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.