Questions for CURRENT Roehl drivers

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Eckoh, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    I'm looking to go back OTR and recently spoke to these guys. I was offered 54cpm and they said an average of 2400 to 2600 miles per week.

I'm curious about tha validity of the mileage claim and I hear they have driver facing cams but only turned on for the problem drivers.

Just curious of the overall experience of them as a company for an experienced driver that says out 4 to 6 weeks at a time as far ad the abundance of freight to earn money. For instance if you put in the work do they have the freight to do 3k a week and in reality do you touch freight and how often do you bump a dock vs drop n hook

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oderus Urungus

Oderus Urungus Bobtail Member

May 10, 2019

4. Oderus Urungus

May 10, 2019
    I worked for Roehl and completed my contract. It took about 14 months.
    They tell people 2400 to 2600 miles. But most people do not see anywhere near that. Especially if you go flatbed. The ones that see the big miles are the ones that opt to be a trainer. You can do that after 6 months

5. Oderus Urungus

May 10, 2019
    If you go flatbed. 2000 miles is a good week

6. Afarinnatar

Afarinnatar Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2019
    It all depends on your FM. Some are really good and some aren't. I always get 2,800 at least every week in dry van national. Roehl values your home time and you will always get it but keep in mind wanting to be home every weekend or every other weekend means they are going to keep you close to home and that may mean running 200-300 miles a day instead of 400-600. I've found that when I tell them I want to stay out for a month I get sent all over the place. But when I tell them I want to be home next weekend, I never see a load over 300-400 miles.

But you should really research carriers and find one that you will be happy with. Whether you make 36 cents a mile or 63 cents a mile, if that's all that you care about then you're still poor and won't be happy anywhere.

JOHNQPUBLIC and Eckoh Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.