Questions for Schneider drivers

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Diesel73, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Diesel73

Diesel73 Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2022
    I thought it best to just list my questions here instead of start a bunch of threads. Thanks for your replies!

Does anyone know anything about the Duracell Dedicated account? Any drivers on here?

How is the orientation in Atlanta?

Do you think Schneider will ever get a pet policy for solo drivers?

Do trucks have APU's and refrigerators?

Anything you wish you knew when you started working for them?

I am excited to come on board at Schneider in the next couple weeks. Seems like a solid company. It appears that there are many different options on what types of driving there is. I'm looking at dedicated or southeast regional. Let me know what your experiences are?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    1. I know nothing about Duracell
    2. Experienced orientation is pretty standard - pre-work screen, employment paperwork, company policies, check ride, etc. If you're inexperienced check out the national dedicated thread for details
    3. No
    4. Yes, every truck since 2018 has a fridge and either an apu or opti idle. If you are on a home daily account you will likely have an older truck without either.

4. Diesel73

Apr 18, 2022
    @gentleroger
    Can you tell me what the pre work screen is like?

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Diesel73 Thanks this.
  6. Diesel73

Apr 18, 2022
  7. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @Diesel73 --

More cool stuff to know about Schneider:

• Their instructors (in Atlanta, and elsewhere) are called "trainng engineers". These people are some of the most knowledgeable and professional people you will ever meet in the trucking industry. I never met one with whom I was not impressed. Learn all you can from those people--your time in front of them will be short.

• Schneider, as a "starter" company, is real big on "stop work authority" for drivers, as part of their emphasis on safety. In case you aren't already familiar with this--it basically means they expect you to park the rig whenever the weather and/or road conditions are bad. They leave it up to you (the driver) to make the call on when to quit driving due to bad conditions (you are "captain of the ship"). They would much rather you "park it"....than to chain up, or drive "over your head".

• Schneider puts out a trucking "bible" for new drivers. Not all "starter" companies do this. You should get a copy for dry van when you start there. Read as much of it as you can. If you don't understand something in it--ask a training engineer there for help. It's a great learning tool.

What did I wish I knew about Schneider going in the door?......

• Your time out with a trainer (after orientation) is VER-RY SHORT. TOO SHORT--in my opinion (for a brand new driver, anyway).
    • If, as a new driver, you are out of your assigned truck for more than a couple of days (for whatever reason)--then you better take your stuff with you. Otherwise--Schneider will reassign the truck, and THROW YOUR STUFF AWAY!!! :confused::mad::eek:
    • If you do OTR--expect most of your loads/runs to take you up into the northeast (especially in and around Jersey). For a new driver--this is basically swimming with the sharks. You probably won't see west of I-35, unless of course you live out there somewhere. :(
    • Everyone with whom I talked who had spent real time in their tanker division discouraged me from going there. EVERYONE. o_O
    Had I know the above, beforehand--I probably would have started with Swift (where I would have been much more likely to see the western part of the US)....or somewhere else, instead.

--Lual

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  8. Hermes37

Hermes37 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2022
    All these apply to company and/or L/P?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.