Questions from a new yorker interested in trucking

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Itzmehotsauce, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Itzmehotsauce

Itzmehotsauce Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2017
    bronx ny
    recruiter said indianana for training but then again like i said in first post recruiter was in a rush to get me to sign up and not very clear or helpful with her answers so if it is syracuse id be very happy with that

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is not a "Shortage" as long we bring in immigrants to run at .25 a mile. They will come to America and be a trucker here. No problem. Young, fit, strong clear eye and no memory of how low .25 a mile really is. We are a nation of immigrants.

I might be responsible for "THE city" in NYC area. My first year in trucking was nothing but Hunts Point. Every night. Im crossing the GWB at 10PM, fight my way into HP, park there until 4 am by the fence keeping a eye out for predators and hookers plus the DOT that was on the edge of the property in those days etc Then unload by hand. That might be noon or 2 PM when done. Get out via the GWB asap either to Central Jersey Petro or up to Connecticut depending on where the next reload is.

Avenel is on Route One. FFE used to have a ternimal there (May still do.. teams drop trailers there for local LTL to run downtown) and we would visit there twice a week from LA, drop hook a LA load and be back in LA within about 60 hours flat, cross the USA twice a week as a team set.

NYC does not bother me anymore. In fact I think the people there have gotten... kind of nice around the Russian area in my later years provided I spend a little money on their food now and then. Among the other food offerings in that whole area. Gulanini had done a great deal work to clean up the city.

Florida is nice. But be warned, the State Police down there are absolutely wolves looking for any violations in driving. I never had any trouble there, but disliked the wolf pack tactics so common to my home state Maryland in those days. Florida was similar. Again, I never had any trouble with Florida. I have some favorite spots around the state I would go visit again.

Cable is fighting a last gasp here in my State of Arkansas. They are trying to charge a bunch of money for two year contracts for services easily replicated for half the cost or less via a internet connection that don't cost but 30 a month. So you might want to parlay that into something else as a backup.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.