Questions or comments from the wives of Walmart drivers.

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Extreme4x4, Sep 5, 2014.

1. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Congratulations !!! For most, it is just a waiting thing now, for all of the "checks" to come back, and the orientation class to be scheduled. He will LOVE working here.

There are 2 insurances that I believe are universal. They is a HSA plan and a HRA plan. We have the HRA plan. Costs will probably be different in different locations. We pay $146 every 2 weeks for a family. There are no doctor co-pays, but there are greatly reduced prices on everything. Also, WM puts $600 (for a family) in your healthcare account, which will cover the first $600 of medical. I don't know if that includes prescriptions, as our situation was different when we went with this plan last year (long story). It has a fairly high deductible, but pays quickly (administered by BCBS), and seems fair. Prescription coverage is fine, and there is a huge number of prescriptions that are under WM's $4. (30-day) and $10 (90 day) list. As insurance goes these days, it is about average.

Most DC's also have other plans available to the truck drivers. This is what differs according to DC.

As a comparison for us, with my husbands X company, we were paying over $750 a month for our family for a high deductible plan................ and this was before ObamaCare raised prices so much.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

BlueKYWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BlueKYWife

BlueKYWife Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Sandy Hook, KY
    Thank you so much! Like I said, we're excited, just trying to get an idea of what we're walking into with regards to all the changes that come with a new job.

4. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Oh I understand. Rick was with his X company for 7 years. The good news for you folks is that you will quickly learn that all of the accolades are not just hype.

Enjoy the ride. I don't know how close you folks are to the DC, but when he is going through orientation, be prepared. Whether on the phone or in person, the amount of information he will throw at you will be a bit overwhelming. When he is learning about everything, his excitement will be contagious. I would get such a kick out of Rick, when he would call me after a day. He would rattle on and on like a little kid.

This is a great thing. :)

BlueKYWife Thanks this.
  5. BlueKYWife

Feb 1, 2017
    Sandy Hook, KY
    So! Today, looking at the abss site, he went from "In Process" to "Eligible For Hire". What exactly does this mean? We're wanting to be excited but still being cautious!

6. TruckersWife6258

TruckersWife6258 Bobtail Member

May 19, 2016
    That means he should be cleared and now it's probably just a matter of waiting to get the call for orientation. I think this is how it went for my husband.

BlueKYWife Thanks this.
  7. BlueKYWife

Feb 1, 2017
    Sandy Hook, KY

Thank you! It is so hard to wait!

8. TruckersWife6258

TruckersWife6258 Bobtail Member

May 19, 2016
    It is but it will be worth it. From the sound of it he pretty much has the job already :)

BlueKYWife Thanks this.
  9. mike3fan

mike3fan Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    michigan
    What does the drive4walmart site say? Mine changed to post offer checks completed, then about 2 weeks to get call for orientation.

BlueKYWife Thanks this.
  10. BlueKYWife

Feb 1, 2017
    Sandy Hook, KY
    That's what it says! We checked there after I'd posted this. So does that mean they've checked employment and everything? Woohoo!

WallyWife Thanks this.
  11. mike3fan

mike3fan Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    michigan
    Yep, good to go. Congrats.

BlueKYWife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.