Questions or comments from the wives of Walmart drivers.

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Extreme4x4, Sep 5, 2014.

1. mike3fan

mike3fan Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    michigan
    When the posting gets taken down then it will take about 2 weeks from then to hear anything, look for it to change to application received that means phone call is next. If you read the thread titled Walmart here I come, you will get invaluable info about the process.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Don't get excited or start making plans. It could take over 2 months to hear anything. A lot of us forgot we even submitted an app and then one day Walmart called.

kruz1980 and georgear1084 Thank this.
  4. NC Girl

NC Girl Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Thank you! I have gotten a lot of great information reading through these posts.....great site.:)

5. NC Girl

NC Girl Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Thank you! Very helpful

6. NC Girl

NC Girl Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Thank you!.......... and so we wait.........o_O

7. de_sandman

de_sandman Light Load Member

Feb 3, 2011
    bakersfield,ca
    it took me 5 months from time I applied to orientation now. but they called me in 2 weeks after I applied to set up for the phone interview .so just relax and wait for the call . best of luck

kruz1980 Thanks this.
  8. NC Girl

NC Girl Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Thank you, just a bit anxious to at least get that first call..........

9. georgear1084

georgear1084 Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2016
    I also forgot I called them. I seen a number I didn't know pop up on my phone and ignored the call. They left voicemail then called me again 30 minutes later. I answered the phone that time. Good luck to you and your husband and tell him if he gets hired that this is still a trucking job just with better treatment, money and lots of food. You still have to deal with everything else trucking.

kruz1980 Thanks this.
  10. NC Girl

NC Girl Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2017
    The walmart site now indicates "application received" so we are hoping to get the call any day. My husband and I know that for us it will take some adjusting if he gets this Walmart job, but we are still very much looking forward to it. He is now an owner operator hauling cars (for 13 years now) and has made decent money. The best is the time off. He is out for two weeks and comes home for as long as he wants (few days, 1, 2 or 3 weeks). He's got an older truck (97) which he keeps in tip top shape, but the repairs and expenses are killing us. We've considered buying a new truck, but that's a big step. Bottom line the overhead and stresses are just not so glamourous! Not to mention, the loads (cars) are just not paying like they used to. We did some research and it seems that Walmart is the best OTR job out there with good benefits. Our kids are now grown and it's time to plan for our future. We are excited and hopeful for this Walmart job.

WallyWife Thanks this.
  11. noninetofive

noninetofive Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Hiram Ga
    Exactly where I was 4 yrs ago - driving for 29 yrs, owner operator for the last 16 - repairs and expenses were just too much - loads not paying what they used to - life changed when I got hired by the private fleet. No more worrying about fuel or tires or transmissions or turbo's. And, believe it or not, my take home income is almost the same - the tax man doesn't come around like the grim reaper every year. The few times I've had a maintenance problem with my truck, its handled at the shop - they just put 8 new drive tires on it - had to be $6000 worth - I was like I couldn't afford to do it if it was mine - I promise you - if you make it through, your life will truly change. Good luck.

kruz1980, WallyWife and slim6596 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.