Questions or comments from the wives of Walmart drivers.

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Extreme4x4, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Mike33mike

Mike33mike Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2017
    T

Stay far away from Walmart if you want to keep ur family

Walmart has changed drastically from what it once was. Drivers used to be appreciated. Now a driver is known only by driver number. Benefits are terrible. Don't let anyone feed u the garbage about home time. You will be forced to work 6 days a week. Do not sell your soul to walmart

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2017
    georgear1084 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Lies. You're not forced to work 6 days.

4. Markham27

Markham27 Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2017
    I use to work for yrc. tell him to stay there walmart is changing

5. Mike33mike

Mike33mike Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2017
    I'm sorry slim I should have said 5 and 3/4 days

6. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Why do folks take their current situation, and extrapolate it out to include everyone in the company?? If your husband is coming from a job where they are home every night and weekends, and are not exhausted the entire time and stressed out, then this may not be a good move for them. My husband came from a job where he WAS stressed out all of the time, and had very little home time (especially in the winter time, where he was literally non existent). He had worse insurance that cost a lot more. He had no 401K match, no company paid for short term disability, and his vacation was paid for at a flat rate of $115 a day (so you had to use 3 weeks vacation to pay for 1). Plus, he was worried about the company going under all of the time. Yet, he made good money there (coming to Walmart was not as big of a raise as it is for many). Now he has more paid time off, at full ADP, than he can use in a year.

I would venture to say that there are a lot more drivers out there in a similar situation to where my husband was, than those who already have a fantastic well paying job.

If you are not being treated with respect at your DC, transfer. My husband is treated with great respect at his DC, and he is very happy with his job, even 4.5 years in. Yes, things are changing as they have to do to survive. You can CHOOSE to go with the flow, or you can CHOOSE to be miserable about it. You also can CHOOSE if you wish to stay.

If the job is not what you wish it would be, then find the one that is. It really is that simple. Not every job is for every person.

7. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    Very well said.❤

WallyWife Thanks this.
  8. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    I choose to work 4.5 days most weeks. Occasionally I choose to work into day 6. Not forced at all.

kruz1980 Thanks this.
  9. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    The only time I've ever worked a 6th day is because the road was closed for a day due to weather. If you want guaranteed home time, join a program because you'll be made sure to be back at the DC at the end of your work week with a driver taking your truck the next morning.

slim6596 and kruz1980 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.