Quit under dispatch, what is the actual definition?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by VIRGINIATRUCKER, May 3, 2019.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    you were assigned that load, so technically, you were under dispatch, and you refused.

what's this crap about sleeping in a desolate area... you are not familiar with..??

me and many others here are like , "George Washington", we slept everywhere..!!!!!!

you refused a load, that you were assigned...you got fired. this will stay on your permanent employment record with the company, forget about DAC, when a potential employer calls them for a reference, they WILL TELL THEM, you QUIT under a load....

Western flyer, TripleSix and Lepton1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Never leave a company with a loaded trailer. I don’t care what they say. Or where they say to park it. Tough it out and find a load that delivers near their terminal. Turn it in empty

4. VIRGINIATRUCKER

VIRGINIATRUCKER Bobtail Member

May 3, 2019
    I WAS NOT LOADED

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. VIRGINIATRUCKER

May 3, 2019
    This cannot be the case because a company can assign new loads to you constantly, then you will always be under dispatch. He and I disagreed about when I should go pick up the load. I was not loaded at the time. He told me to bring the truck back so at that point I was dispatched back to the yard.

6. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    But here is my question:

When you got back to the yard, with the intention of quitting, did you immediately inform dispatch so they could get another driver to cover the load you already agreed to cover? Or did you clean out your truck and simply blow them off?

If you did the latter, then you put them in a bind. You risked their relationship with a customer. In my eyes that's a failure you created. In my book that's quitting under dispatch, whether you are loaded or yet to be loaded. This industry requires a man to be good to his word.

TripleSix and buddyd157 Thank this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    the load planner, had a load for you, then dispatch called you...as a result, you were then under that load, as it was assigned to you.

you can debate this all you want, the end result, you refused to pick up THAT LOAD, THAT DAY

lovesthedrive, TripleSix and Lepton1 Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Find a new job and move on.

9. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Mr @VIRGINIATRUCKER, hold your horses. Don’t get frustrated with @Lepton1 and @buddyd157. Think of it as they are coming from the desk jockey potential employer POV.

Personally, I don’t think that this crap will hurt you, but expect to be asked about it. Your getting angry and frustrated will hurt your chances more. So if and when asked, be without emotion in your response. And leave out the part about the mattress. For that matter, simplify your story.

Luck in battle.

10. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Winner. This stuff won’t even slow him down.

buddyd157, Chinatown and Lepton1 Thank this.
  11. VIRGINIATRUCKER

May 3, 2019
    The load was not due to be picked up until the next day. He wanted me to spend the night in front of the place and I wanted to go home as I was expected to do. I told him I would pick the liad up in the morning but he was cheap and wanyed to save fuel. Although the truck did not have an APU and I would have burnt fuel all night running the a.c. anyway. He got upset and said that wee were done and to bring the truck back to the yard. I was not loaded.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.