Quitting JCT - can you share some info please?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sierra, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Sandrakaynurse2003

Sandrakaynurse2003 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2018
    No u won't get it back

TB John Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Thanks, we've been waiting 6 years for that answer.:rolleyes:

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Won't get what back?
    Performance bond?
    Maintenance escrow?

Of course you get those back, provided you don't owe JCT any money.

5. Whizzy85

Whizzy85 Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2021
    I drove for jct for eight years, paid off one new truck at five years which was a pro star, then bought a 2014 freightliner in January 2014…. I started having health issues in 2015 December and was having to come home every month for doctors appointments. Finally I came home for 2 days for an appointment and the doctors told me “no more driving anything” ….. I called the head man over the dispatchers (we had a good friendship) told him that my truck was here at my home in San Antonio tx. And I could not return it to the yard because of health reasons. I also called the man right under John christened who had become a good friend as well. Now I had driven well over a million safe miles for jct alone, my truck had the sticker on it etc. anyway they put a driver on a plane to come pickup my truck, we had cleaned it all up and wiped the interior, fumed everything inside and out. Instead of taking my truck to the yard, he took it to California. They charged me $1,000.00 for him picking up my truck, charged me another payment since he didn’t go to the yard, then tried to charge me for new batteries and about $4,000 in maintenance repairs. My truck was always current with all recommended maintenance. I had already replaced the batteries 6 months before. They said they had no records of any of this. I got with the lady who was over all the maintenance records and we went back through the prior 2 1/2 years of receipts and found all the work they were trying to charge me for had actually been done, like I tried to tell them. So they couldn’t charge me for those repairs or the batteries. They did charge for a pm and another months payment and the $1,000 for the guy to come get my truck. But I did get a final settlement 45 days later. But they reported that I abandoned the truck, which I didn’t….. I’ve not driven since that day in 2016 so the abandonment report hasn’t hurt me but it’s the idea of it being reported. I was diagnosed with Lewy body Dementia with Parkinsonism….. that’s why the doctors made me quit driving. I did good while at jct but they did hoodwink me many times and were really crooked when I had to quit. So when or if you turn in a truck, watch yourself. John did help me sell my pro star and gave me the $20,000.00 on a weekly settlement payment. We used that as a down payment on our home and the expenses. So that worked out good. But I later found out that he sold my truck for $45k and told me they only sold it for $20k. So they are crooked

6. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    This didn't age well...

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  7. Hollywoodsaint

Hollywoodsaint Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2020
    Hollywood California
    What are you? the English composition police? if you can read it why you complaining? Why don't you thank the gentleman for his thought conveyance....geesh

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  8. zodiacflyer

zodiacflyer Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2014
    ########. I routinely get over 4000 miles per week, and over 3000 on weeks I take a restart. I got almost 40,000 miles last quarter. (39,700-ish)

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.