R E Garrison Trucking out of Cullman, AL

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by timberwolfcdl, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Cold trucker

Cold trucker Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Having trouble finding a company that will be straight up with me is this a good deal

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chatt Boy

Chatt Boy Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Just did a application for RE garrison for lease purchase. What info I need to know

4. skillethead

skillethead Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2016
    [QUOTEexactly what they are doing these people are stright rip offs. And when you leave dont expect that escrow. Its not even really Garrison anymore.rjones56, post: 1689966, member: 18844"]Not enough information.WHY are they the best?How long have you been associated with them.Or are you some kind of a member trying to suck us into leasing a truck?[/QUOTE]
    Thats ex

5. skillethead

Apr 26, 2016
    I was a lease operater with Garrison. They will run you out of the gate pretty good. And then get ready. To starve that is. Everything I am putting down is truth. Try and force you to do short runs. 2000 to 5000 mile runs that take from two to days. When they send rates to you on qual com. It never adds up. I never could figure it out. If you are from Alabama you stand a chance. But if you are from out of Alabama you are in trouble. And dont expect that escrow. They will take it. I am looking into legal action now against them. I know they
    Have lost contracts. And dedicated lanes. There qual com's sure find away of being cut off on broker loads they cant cover. Just to mention. This is really not the old Garrison. It was sold out sometimes back. They lost one of there contracts last year. Ventura foods. Alot of no paying chicken runs. When I say that. You could have a couple picks. But! Be ready to spend a couple days getting it. Dont ask for detention lol. There is tons of reasons to run from these people. My advise is run. You are going to lose.

sevenmph and 28 Thank this.
  6. skillethead

Apr 26, 2016
    They simple arent

7. skillethead

Apr 26, 2016
    Where are you from? Alabama!

8. skillethead

Apr 26, 2016
    Thats all true. I was a lease purch

9. Trick40

Trick40 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Between here and there
    What I am wondering is, how do they treat owner operators? Not concerned about leasing a truck. Got one! So, if any of you Owners out there have any info, please share.

Joe Dan Thanks this.
  10. Trick40

Trick40 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Between here and there
    Word of warning to any owner operator considering this spineless existence of a trucking company.

Just was 'cut loose' from them because I warned another owner operator about what happenend to me at milo tea in bessemer, alabama.

My very first load out of orientation was a preloaded trailer from milo going to shelbyville , Tn walmart.
    Upon arrival the entire load of 24 plts were leaning forward about ten degrees. The receiver informed me this shipper has this issue due to poor loading practices.

Was told by night Dispatch that normally when this happens, suggesting past experiance, they either take it to another location to have restacked and redeliver.
    But since it was close to the yard in Cullman to bring it there and they would have someone take it back to shipper to rework load.

Several days later my dispatcher said hadn't heard anything about a claim not to worry about it. But a few days later was shut down to come speak to the director of safety about my driving habits. Seems he thinks that because I was doing 84mph briefly in a posted 75mph in Texas several days later on a different load maybe my aggressive driving was the problem with the leaning load of tea. Never considering that the 2 foot gap down the middle of trailer or 6 to 8 inch gaps between pallets could have anything to do with the problem of a shifting load.

Several days later received a voicemaile from dispatcher John Butler saying a claim was filed and I would have to pay $2500 deductible. Of course I protested and called claims, who were unaware of claim and would have to check into it and get back with me. Still waiting!

What happened next is crazy!
    They send me a load to pick up at milos on saturday. I agreed to go check it out and if loaded correctly I would haul it. But shippers loading practices were no better so I declined. While at that location I spoke with another owner operator that was there for his first visit and shared my story. Apparently he declined his load as well.
    So on Monday I was called back to yard to speak with vice president Wayne about my honest behaviour. After sitting waiting outside his office for about 45 minutes was told by dispatcher John Butler he would not see me but had decided to cut me loose.

As of this moment Friday morning I did not receive my settlement for the past week.
    Will see what happens?

My suggestion to anyone doing business with RE Garrison is, be a yes man. Don't disagree with them .
    And always do as your told or you'll be another driver they'll just cut loose and probably not pay earned revenues.
    My name is Dan Swift and this a true and sworn statement of events.

kbarttt Thanks this.
  11. Trick40

Trick40 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Between here and there
    Please read my posts below.

12. sookie

sookie Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Another disgruntled EX Garrison driver. My husband and I teamed on with them for about 3 months. DO NOT LEASE HERE! With all the posts advising leasing is a scam I guess we needed to see for ourselves. You will not get miles...LOTS of sitting. Our average pay weekly was around $800each before taxes. We lost around $8000 out of our pocket to them. We left with $3000 in maintenance account. Turned in a truck that was in pristine condition and 3 months old. Guess what....they came up with excuses why we owed them that $3000. I am sure there are some people who love the sitting around. That wasn't for us. Good luck to you if you go there. I hope you are one of the few success stories!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.