R. L. Smith Trucking Wentzville, Mo. AKA. LINRIK trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by madboyscout, Oct 18, 2013.

1. madboyscout

madboyscout Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Don't waste your time with either of these companies. They will always find ways to short your checks. They have no direct deposit. They have no fuel cards. Dispatching and load planning is a joke. The owners son is the dispatcher/mechanic. I quit after they refused to take care of my trailer ABS light for a month. You will barely get over 2200 miles and be home on weekends.They will expect you to manipulate your logs to fit in your 34 hour restart on weekends. ALL of their load are multi pickup and multi drop. They only pay 10 $ extra stop pay. You will always be the dealing with the brokerage companies. Like I said these guys have no dispatchers. If u have a problem outside of 8-5 you have to contact them at home. They have bad attitudes about it or just don't answer. They do not care about HOS regulations at all. I'm thankful to have escaped this company with my livelihood. Richard Smith will give you his nice little old man routine. He bahaved like a child when I quit. Talking to me like crap and hanging up on me over and over.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Well; since this thread will most likely not go anywhere (one post wonders never do), I am not afraid to take it in another direction:
    I absolutely DISPISE anyone and everyone that doesn't use a fuel card system that is accepted at the pumps.
    Swipe your card, pump your fuel, and go in and pick up your receipt either at a kiosk or in a slot on the fuel desk. STOP WASTING MY TIME AT THE REGISTER! It is 2013....there are ways to make it easier TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM.

4. madboyscout

madboyscout Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Yes sir, I agree. Its a sign that a company doesn't care about convenience for their drivers. They also had an extra tank installed on the truck so I didn't have to fill up as much. When I did it was at QT's or mom and pop places that were far and few in between. I had to pay for showers to save them 20$ a fill up. No fuel cards also meant I would have left over truck cash. Which would come out of my paychecks.

5. beagle27

beagle27 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2013
    would have to disagree with you on that one boyscout. I have worked there for over 20 years and I think if you would have given it a chance you would still be working there. I know every driver that works there and I have a pretty good idea who you are. when you cant make your deliveries on time and you have a negative attitude it shouldn't be a surprise when you get handed your walking papers.

6. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    2200 miles.. So why would a 34hr restart be an issue?

ExOTR and pattyj Thank this.
  7. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Dang... 2200 miles a week and home weekends. Sounds awful..

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Poster says 2200 miles a week and be home on weekends,can't you stay out and earn more weekly miles?I drove for a company that got drivers home on weekends but didn't mind if you wanted to stay out.Whata he mean by this company minipuleates your logs to work in with your reset?If he was home on weekends at 2200 miles,how can the 34 reset be a problem I wonder.

9. beagle27

beagle27 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2013
    I made over $60000 there last year and rarely had to juggle the book. I think it is like most things in life, it is all about the approach. If you want to make it work you can, if you want to find fault with something or someone that is easy to do. Some guys like me are actually out here to make a living and others just to moan and groan. It is amazing that one of scouts complaints is the truck had extra big fuel tanks and did not allow him to stop often and buy fuel and then in the next sentence complains about not getting enough miles.

10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I hear that.My company is in this bad company forum.They have to be proud they made it here,lol.But I get along great with everyone from dispatch to safety to logs to the shop.I have no problems with any of the departments.

11. beagle27

beagle27 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2013
    My intention was not to flame boyscout. I just think trucking is no different than life in general, it is all about the attitude and making the most of a given situation. Not to change the direction of this thread to something negative but....................................... Is it just me or are more and more drivers pulling up to the pumps to buy fuel and then disappearing for 30 minutes or more? Where do they go? What are they doing in there for so long? Are the oblivious to me and the 5 other trucks that are lined up behind them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.