Racist trainer at Heartland Express.

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by TruckDriver23, May 22, 2009.

1. highwayman

highwayman Medium Load Member

heartland doing any hiring now?, i'm white male 43 and need a job, they can make fun of me....LOL, but i need a job.....:biggrin_25522:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. olddog43

olddog43 Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2010
    YEA BUT MOST OF THE RACIST MESS COMES FROM WHITE GUYS PEOPLE SHOULD WATCH WHAT THEY SAY 'WHITES AND BLACKS JUST BECAUSE A PERSON LOOKS WHITE THEY COULD BE HALF BLACK AND A PERSON THAT HAS A COLOR OF SKIN COULD BE HALF WHITE YOU CANT REALLY TELL THESE DAYS THIS IS AMERICA ACCEPT IT OR LEAVE ITS 2010 PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE THEY ARE GOOD AND BAD IN ALL PEOPLE!!!:biggrin_255:!!!!!!

4. olddog43

olddog43 Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2010
    HE SHOULD BECAUSE HE STUCK HIS FOOT IN HIS MOUTH'NOW HE SHOULD BE MADE TO CHEW HIS FOOT OFF!!!:biggrin_25513:

5. MIKEROWE

MIKEROWE Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2010
    loudon n.h.
    The driver should be terminated. The world does not need hatemongers training new drivers with advice such as you should have hit that car and controling 80,000 lbs

6. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Since heartland has never in it's history hired a new driver. I would say that it will not be an issue.
    They just started hiring drivers with 1 year exp a few years ago. Before that you needed 3+ years experience.
    They do have a refresher program. Which I am guessing is the training program they were talking about.

7. Morphine

Morphine Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2011
    North Georgia
    Anyone has the right to their own opinions, whether popular or not. There needs to be an end to reparations. We only have so much to talk about while driving. The VERY FIRST comment that his trainer made that offended him, he should told him the truth. That would have stopped it the quickest. It would have never come up again. If the trainer got to know him good enough, it might have changed his opinion of colored folks. I am also going to call B.S. I don't think anyone can be truly 50% black, and be so light skinned and have fine/straight enough hair as to not be noticeable.

8. Morphine

Morphine Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2011
    North Georgia
    I got fired by a company once for joking about hitting parked cars on the side of the highway, kinda wondering what it would be like. You know what the funny thing is? I didn't even mention color, so I don't even know what the big deal is about.

9. Keepfrozzin

Keepfrozzin Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2010
    columbus,ohio
    :mrolleyes::mmeek::mrolleyes: H.L.E. isn't for everyone, and you sound young, trainers aren't perfict and the companys that train are often hip to these personality clashes.

10. ghostchild

ghostchild Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Why would you want to shake his fat sweaty hands? No telling how many people that person has hurt emotionally in the past, or opportunities he's denied to others...seems like a monster to me, and then to assume all others are just like him...how disrespectful..to display that type of racial bias, or any type of bias in a 'training' setting, is wrong...I mean just look at the current Wal-mart law suit, although it got dropped cause it was to 'big'...

People like this, as they get promoted in companies, most certainly deny others they don't like, the opportunity to succeed or get ahead...please fill us in on what you've done since posting this...

At the end of the day it makes a big difference that he would express what he did in a training enviornment while representing Heartland express...

It's even in the rules or company constitution that such behavior shall not be tolerated...

A trainer is suppose to be 'above' that kind of stuff, do to the vunerble position their students are in...

If the guy was on the streets and said that...ye..so what...
    But while employed for and representing Heartland...that's definatly a fireable offence...

One would have to be absurd to justify that kind of open racist bias, while on the clock and employed...this is not 1930 anymore...even though I'm sure some wish it were...

(like the OP said, they're half black and white, so to hear such degrading remarks hit home, and for you to expect them to just 'take it' just to prove some point, is absurd, all it would take is someone insulting something near and dear to whomever, and the reaction would be totally different..)

It's funny how some are always telling others what they should 'take on the chin'...that is until it comes to an issue near and dear to their own sensibilities...then they themselves are the first one to cry foul, and get a lawyer and or complain to staff...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  11. ghostchild

ghostchild Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2009
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/2257558.../racial-harassment-still-infecting-workplace/

What happened to you was 'harracement' and not 'discrimination'...

Technically since your 'half white' or 'half black'...but appear European in looks, means that you were being racially harraced...

Not only that, but even if you were 100% white, how did that Heartland Express trainer know that you weren't married to a black lady or man? and or adopted kids as such?

I hope you did not allow this monster to get off the hook, and I hope you settled for more than just a hand shake....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.